[visionlist] ITAI 2019 Workshop: Immersive Technologies in Academia and Industry

Danlu Cen cendanlu at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 09:56:55 -04 2019

[Apologies for cross-postings]

*ITAI 2019: Immersive Technologies in Academia and Industry*

Cardiff University, Wales, UK

12th September 2019

The ITAI 2019 workshop will bring together people who are interested in
Immersive Technology, including Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality and
Mixed Reality, from both academia and industry. The goal is to initiate
discussion and possible new collaboration. The event will include talks,
poster presentations and industrial demos. A wine reception is
scheduledafter the workshop to allow ample time for discussion.

We are inviting researchers to share their exciting work on *all areas
*related to immersive technologies in short talks (10 minutes each).
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:

  * Development and innovation of immersive technologies
  * Application of immersive technologies in research, teaching,
    healthcare, media, design and public engagement
  * Immersive content creation
  * Impacts of immersive technologies on human behaviours (from societal
    to individual scales)

For the Industrial Demos Session, we solicit proposals to showcase
demonstrations of cutting-edge immersive products, original prototypes
and innovative ideas.

We are also organising a poster session for students who are interested
in working with industry and/or would like to have real-world impact.
The Best Poster Award will be announced at the end of the workshop, and
the winner will receive a £100 prize.

For more details about the event and proposal submission, see our
website: www.itai2019.com. For any queries, please contact us at
ITAI2019 at pm.me <mailto:itai2019 at pm.me>.

Please feel free to distribute this message (and the attached flyer) in
your own network.

We look forward to seeing you in Cardiff.

Kind regards,

Danlu Cen & Hellen Jing Yuan

Dr Danlu Cen

School of Psychology / Yr Ysgol Seicoleg
College of Biomedical and Life Sciences / Coleg y Gwyddorau Biofeddygol
a Bywyd
Cardiff University / Prifysgol Caerdydd
CUBRIC Building / Adeilad CUBRIC
Maindy Road / Heol Maindy