[visionlist] Seeking Advice on 3D Shutter Glasses

Quan Lei lei.q at husky.neu.edu
Wed Jul 24 18:56:13 -04 2019

Dear colleagues,

Our lab is considering purchasing a pair of 3D shutter glasses for
depth-related research. It seems that the Nvidia 3D Vision glasses (3D
Vision 2 or Pro) were what people used most frequently in the literature.
Unfortunately, the series have recently been discontinued and become
largely unavailable on the market. I'm reaching out to ask: according to
your experiences, what other products on the market would you recommend as
good alternatives to these Nvidia glasses? I'm particularly interested in
products that are compatible with most main-stream graphic cards and
displays, i.e. are not bundled with any specific display hardware. We do
have a Display++ monitor, so if there is anything that goes specifically
with that display, it could be an option for us.

Also, if any of you have a spare pair of Nvidia glasses (or other products)
that you're willing to loan us or sell at a reasonable price, please let me
know and I'll be more than happy to talk.

Best regards,
Quan

Quan Lei(雷泉), PhD
Postdoctoral Scholar