[visionlist] SOFTWARE DEVELOPER in STRUCTURAL, FUNCTIONAL and DIFFUSION NEUROIMAGING
Amir Shmuel, Dr.
amir.shmuel at mcgill.ca
Mon Aug 19 20:08:56 -04 2019
Montreal Neurological Institute, McConnell Brain Imaging Centre, and McGill Vision Research
Supervisors: Dr. Amir Shmuel and Dr. Janine Mendola
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience
Planned start date: October 1st or after
Duration: The initial appointment is for one year, with possibility of extension for 2 additional years.
We are seeking candidates for a funded software developer position, shared between the laboratories of Amir Shmuel (MNI Brain Imaging Centre) and Janine Mendola (McGill Vision Research) at McGill University. The project is situated within a broader team grant that has structural, functional and diffusion MRI of normal and clinical populations, as well as drug development and animal disease models. A major goal is to provide groundwork for a clinical trial.
The successful candidate will develop software and pipelines for visual stimulation and data analysis of structural, functional and diffusion MRI. Cutting-edge data analysis - including network analysis and machine learning - will be developed for the differential diagnosis and prediction of the clinical prognosis of subjects with acute and chronic (e.g. glaucoma) optic nerve disorders.
- Design and develop software for visual stimulation and pipelines for data analysis.
- Develop docker‐based computer pipelines for automated image processing and quality control.
- Pipelines to include anatomical processing (cortical thickness, tractography), functional MRI (BOLD imaging at rest and during tasks), network analysis and machine-learning based prediction of prognosis
- Interact with postdoctoral fellows and graduate students involved in the project
- Maintain data and programs
- Attend project-related meetings.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Candidates should have a Master’s or equivalent in electrical engineering, computer science or other relevant discipline, strong analytical skills, and experience in developing pipelines.
- Proficiency in: Linux, git, remote computing, containerization technology.
- Experience with Python or Matlab.
- Knowledge of neuroimaging analysis software and methods is an asset.
- Knowledge in modern Data Science methods.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Desire to instruct others and develop technical documentation.
- Willingness to learn new data analysis techniques, neuroscience, brain imaging.
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter and CV to amir.shmuel at mcgill.ca<mailto:amir.shmuel at mcgill.ca> and janine.mendola at mcgill.ca.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist