[visionlist] Tenure Track Assistant Professor Position in Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience at the University of Massachusetts Boston

Erik Blaser Erik.Blaser at umb.edu
Tue Sep 17 09:46:22 -04 2019

Dear Colleagues!

Tenure Track Assistant Professor Position in Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience

The Department of Psychology and the Developmental and Brain Sciences PhD Program at the University of Massachusetts Boston invite applications for a tenure-track Professor in Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience (9/1/20 start date).
Review of applications will begin October 8, 2019 and continue until the position is filled.

Requirements: Successful candidates will have a Ph.D. in Psychology, Neuroscience, or a related field. While research area is open, preference will be given to a Cognitive Neuroscientist studying early cognitive development in humans (e.g., executive functions, attention, learning, decision making, social cognition, higher-order reasoning) with a track record of excellence in research and teaching. Competitive candidates should have brain imaging expertise, including fNIRS and/or EEG. Interest in translational research of relevance to Clinical Psychology and other programs at the University is also an asset. Candidates should also have the appropriate expertise to teach core courses at the undergraduate level as well as advanced and graduate courses in an area of expertise. This position will be affiliated with the Developmental and Brain Sciences PhD Program, the only Neuroscience Program at a public university in the Boston area. Our Neuroscience labs are housed in the new Integrated Sciences Building, part of our campus on the Columbia Point peninsula, offering wonderful views of the city and Boston Harbor. The University of Massachusetts Boston serves the most diverse student population in New England, with a majority of students of color; many of our students are from immigrant backgrounds, and/or are the first in their families to go to college. We especially encourage applicants from underrepresented groups in the neurosciences to apply.

Application instructions: Applicants should submit online a cover letter, a curriculum vitae, statements of research and teaching interest/experience, and contact information for three letters of recommendation. Please refer to the Job Number (502715) in the cover letter. Please direct questions to Erik Blaser, erik.blaser at umb.edu<mailto:erik.blaser at umb.edu>, Chair of the Search Committee.
Apply here: http://employmentopportunities.umb.edu/boston/en-us/job/502715/assistant-professor-in-developmental-cognitive-neuroscience

Thanks!
Erik

Erik Blaser, Ph.D.