[visionlist] Open PhD Position in Computer Vision/Deep Learning for Healthcare

Nicolas Padoy npadoy at unistra.fr
Tue Sep 24 08:40:44 -04 2019

*Open PhD Position in Computer Vision/Deep Learning for Healthcare*

The operating room is a high-tech environment in which the surgical
devices generate a lot of data about the underlying surgical activities.
Our research group aims at making use of this large amount of
multi-modal data coming from both cameras and surgical devices to
develop an artificial intelligence system that can assist clinicians and
staff in the surgical workflow. In this context, we currently have a new
PhD position at the University of Strasbourg that will focus on
developing machine learning and computer vision methods to understand
the scene of the operating room, recognize the human activities, and
analyze the workflow. The project will use as input multi-view RGB-D
videos capturing surgical activities.

As this PhD position is funded by a fellowship from Intuitive Surgical,
the successful candidate will have the opportunity to interact with
researchers from Intuitive Surgical and also to conduct internships at
the company in Sunnyvale, California.

More information is available below:
http://camma.u-strasbg.fr/phd_openings_2019
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__camma.u-2Dstrasbg.fr_openings&d=DwMDaQ&c=zU8zY2zCUszYt_I-pOyd_mv7l16V_LqUcVo_CQ1Hrvg&r=fTIpwBTuwuA8BQKl58_jC4ytJ5dEF-NN6RMAV8mVaMA&m=MKilUsGW_p7oiU0oyRIlZYS6TQtwcBf-8pVT2OK_J3Y&s=V2gjKb1tBPLrqlo0uCoQe3AL177v-6AWuoThMZusUi0&e=>

Kind regards,
Nicolas Padoy

--
Prof. Nicolas Padoy