[visionlist] PhD Openings in Computational Photography and Signal Processing at Tsinghua University

jin.xin at sz.tsinghua.edu.cn jin.xin at sz.tsinghua.edu.cn
Sat Oct 26 23:33:46 -04 2019

Future Media Laboratory in Shenzhen International Graduate School, Tsinghua University, led by Prof. Xin Jin, has PhD student openings in computational photography and signal processing.

About the Lab:

Future Media Laboratory led by Prof. Jin researches on computational photography and signal processing, especially in light field acquisition and processing, imaging systems and theories, and novel imaging applications like scattering imaging, brain imaging, etc. We have achieved several awards like National Science and Technology Progress Award in 2016. Our ongoing projects include NSFC National Major Scientific Research Instrument Project and NSFC projects which provides strong financial support in fundamental research. (https://www-en.sz.tsinghua.edu.cn/INFORMATIONSCIENCE/108556.jhtml)

Research Directions of PhD candidates:

Light field imaging

Scattering imaging

Imaging theory

High-dimensional signal processing

Profile:

Bachelor’s, Master’s degree in Optical Engineering, Information Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electronic Engineering or related fields and experiences in computational photography and multimedia signal processing. Ability to read and write in English is required. We seek for highly motivated individuals with strong quantitative and technical skills and a collaborative spirit.

We offer:

•             Opportunity to do cross-disciplinary research in a supportive and collaborative team.

•             State-of-the-art tools and facilities: The laboratory is equipped with the most advanced computational platforms, designing and fabrication environment of cameras, and super-clean laboratory.

•             Fully-funded, supporting living, researching and international collaboration

•             Tsinghua University is the best university in China and top 20 in the world. The lab is located in the China’s most developed city Shenzhen.

How to apply?

Sending the application package including a CV, a copy of their undergraduate or graduate university transcripts and any materials that supporting the research capabilities, to  <mailto:jin.xin at sz.tsinghua.edu.cn> jin.xin at sz.tsinghua.edu.cn.

Information about the international students admission can be found at https://www-en.sz.tsinghua.edu.cn/admissions/index.jhtml#ListofPrograms

Our major is Control Science & Technology.