[visionlist] Research Assistant in Vision Science at Harvard Medical School

Jung, Jaehyun Jaehyun_Jung at MEEI.HARVARD.EDU
Mon Nov 11 09:42:57 -04 2019

Research Assistant in Vision Science at Harvard Medical School

Are you interested in joining a large active research group, doing state-of-the-art scientific and medical studies with outstanding faculties?

Schepens Eye Research Institute, Mass. Eye and Ear, Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School has an immediate opening for a full-time research assistant to work with Prof. Eli Peli (https://pelilab.partners.org<https://pelilab.partners.org/>) and colleagues in the Mobility Enhancement and Vision Rehabilitation Center of Excellence.

- Job description
We are seeking an enthusiastic and highly-motivated research assistant candidate to participate in our DoD and NIH funded projects. The position involves research conducting object recognition studies with sensory substitution devices (i.e., BrainPort) and simulated visual prostheses using virtual reality (VR) head-mounted display (HMD). Major responsibilities will be recruiting, scheduling, and training blind patients and normal subjects to use the devices. The research assistant will also participate in scenario design and running experiments of our state-of-the-art driving simulator.
The position is initially available for 12 months with possible extension. Research assistants in the lab are frequently coauthor or even serve as lead authors on publication. We have a great record of ending in excellent professional or graduate programs.

- Requirements
*      BA or BS in vision science, psychology, biomedical engineering, computer science, optometry or related field
*      Highly motivated to and enthusiastic for research
*      Research experience in recruiting, scheduling, collecting and managing data from human subjects
*      Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
*      Problem-solving skills
*      Above-average computer use skills (e.g. MS Office, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, etc.)

- Below are not mandatory but plus
*      MA or MS
*      Experience with or interest in patients with vision loss
*      Statistical analysis experience
*      Scientific writing experience
*      Programming experience (e.g., Matlab, C++, C#, Python)
*      Knowledge of experimental psychology or visual psychophysics

Interested candidates should submit a resume (full-length) and cover letter that includes salary requirements and contact information for at least 2 referees in PDF format to Dr. Jae-Hyun Jung (jaehyun_jung at meei.harvard.edu<mailto:jaehyun_jung at meei.harvard.edu>). Note please do not attach the ZIP file. If you attach a zip file, your application would not be delivered to me. Applications will be reviewed as received and considered until the position is filled.

Jae-Hyun Jung, PhD, FAAO
Instructor in Ophthalmology at Harvard Medical School
Investigator at the Schepens Eye Research Institute,
Massachusetts Eye and Ear
20 Staniford Street, Boston, MA 02114
Tel: 617-912-2525
E-mail: jaehyun_jung at meei.harvard.edu<https://webmail.meei.harvard.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=pqQVOuMaXEKMnTtauGyXBeumZgf3xc8I6ENjFxmN1eLoa8MlklVEPK8uyMwNghn_b3lVZ-QlZvc.&URL=mailto%3ajaehyun_jung%40meei.harvard.edu>

Mass. Eye and Ear Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual(s) addressed in the message above. This communication may contain sensitive or confidential information. If you are not an intended recipient, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you believe you have received this e-mail in error and the email contains patient information, please contact the Mass. Eye and Ear Compliance Line at (800) 856-1983. If the e-mail was sent to you in error but does not contain patient information, please contact the sender and delete the e-mail.