[visionlist] PhD opportunities in sensation, perception and awareness for 2020 at the University of Sussex
J.Bosten at sussex.ac.uk
Wed Nov 13 12:19:50 -04 2019
Studentships available from the University of Sussex’s Leverhulme Doctoral Scholarship Programme: From Sensation and Perception to Awareness
The University of Sussex invites applications for PhD studentship awards within its Leverhulme Doctoral Scholarship Programme entitled “From Sensation and Perception to Awareness”.
The prestigious <https://www.sussex.ac.uk/sensation/> Sussex Leverhulme Trust Doctoral Scholarship Programme<https://www.sussex.ac.uk/sensation/> brings together doctoral researchers from different disciplines to advance our understanding of the interactions between sensing, perception, and awareness in humans, animals, and machines.
The Programme will support an intake of up to 9 students starting in September 2020. PhD students will be registered within one of the participating schools (Life Sciences, Informatics, Psychology, Media Film & Music, and Brighton and Sussex Medical School).
Leverhulme Doctoral Scholarship holders will:
* have Home/EU fees paid and receive a tax free living allowance at the standard Research Council rate – currently £15,009 per annum – for three years
* be eligible for further financial support for training and research expenses, such as conference trips and experimental costs
* be eligible to apply for one of several 12 month postdoctoral research fellowships, available only to completing Leverhulme scholars
* benefit from supervision by world-leading researchers in the areas of sensation, perception, and awareness
* benefit from dedicated training courses in programming, virtual/augmented reality, public engagement, and more
* be part of a vibrant research community with many opportunities to develop yourself as well as your research, through specialist research seminars, reading groups, lectures by world class visiting speakers, and student-led conferences
You will also have access to research and practical expertise available across all participating schools and their related doctoral programmes and existing research networks.
For further details, including how to apply, see:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist