[visionlist] PhD position: modeling sequential human behavior, Centre for Cognitive Science @ TU Darmstadt

Constantin Rothkopf rothkopf at psychologie.tu-darmstadt.de
Sun Nov 17 14:30:53 -04 2019

A PhD position is available in the lab of Constantin Rothkopf
(https://www.pip.tu-darmstadt.de/) at the Centre for Cognitive Science
(https://www.tu-darmstadt.de/cogsci/) at Technical University Darmstadt.
The lab investigates sequential decision making and control under
uncertainty in humans, how we actively use our visual system to take
decisions and guide actions. Our work often involves behavioral
experiments measuring eye movements and developing computational models
in tasks ranging from psychophysical detection tasks to catching balls,
navigation in VR, or reasoning about physics. We offer a supportive and
interdisciplinary environment based on scientific curiosity with local
and international collaborations.

Candidates should have a Masters degree in cognitive science, computer
science, psychology, neuroscience, or a related discipline. Preference
will be given to candidates with evidence of strong quantitative and
computational skills. The successful candidate will have the opportunity
to interact closely with the existing team in our lab, as well as other
colleagues at the Centre including Frank Jäkel, Kristian Kersting, Jan
Peters, and Stefan Roth.

If you are interested, please send an informal inquiry to
constantin.rothkopf at cogsci.tu-darmstadt.de. Full applications including
a CV, a brief (max. 2 pages) cover letter explaining your research
interests, why you would like to study in the lab, your longer term
career goals, and the names and contact details of up to 3 academic
references need to be sent to dekanat at humanw.tu-darmstadt.de until
November 25th 2019, but later applications will be considered until the
position is filled.

--
Constantin A. Rothkopf, PhD
http://www.pip.tu-darmstadt.de/