[visionlist] Special Session @FG2020: Challenges in Modeling and Representation of Gestures in Human Interactions
dacevedo at dc.uba.ar
Tue Dec 17 14:55:06 -04 2019
*_Special Session_: Challenges in Modeling and Representation of
Gestures in Human Interactions*
*IEEE FG2020 **@ Buenos Aires, Argentina*
*FG 2020 Call for Papers - Deadline: 10 January 2020!!*
We cordially invite you to submit your work at our special session,
"Challenges in Modeling and Representation of Gestures in Human
to be held in conjunction with IEEE International Conference on
Automatic Face and Gesture Recognition (FG 2020 - May 18-22, 2020). The
accepted papers will be published in the proceedings of the main conference.
This special session will focus on fundamental challenges related to how
to model and represent gestures. Understanding the pragmatical,
semantical and morphological attributes of gestures could lead to novel
approaches to tackle standard gesture recognition problems. Some
approaches that tackle these problems include paradigms such as
zero-shot and representation learning to recognize the semantic or
high-level characteristics of gestures.
The challenges to be tackled in this special session include, but are
not limited to:
* Approaches to represent the gestures’ morphology (shape, movement)
* Machine learning techniques to learn from a few gestures (zero-shot
or few-shot learning)
* Cognitive aspects of gestures (e.g. gestures as enablers of
understanding and learning)
* Affective properties of gestures (can hand gestures convey emotions
in a similar way to action units?)
* Approaches to represent the gestures’ semantics (the meaning of the
* Representing gesture pragmatics (the context in which they were
* *Paper submission deadline:10 January 2020.*
* Acceptance notification: 24 January 2020.
* Camera-ready paper deadline: 28 February 2020.
* Accepted papers will be published within IEEE FG 2020 proceedings.
* Manuscripts must follow the same FG submissioninstructions
* Submit your manuscript via thislink
* Juan P. Wachs (Purdue University, United States)
* Edgar J. Rojas-Muñoz (Purdue University, United States)
* Naveen Madapana (Purdue University, United States)
/Follow FG2020 on Twitter with the hashtag #IEEEFG2020/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist