[visionlist] ECVP 2020 Registration and abstract submission is now open

Drazen Domijan ddomijan at ffri.hr
Tue Dec 24 08:33:21 -04 2019

Dear colleagues,

We are pleased to organize the 43rd edition of the European Conference on
Visual Perception in Zagreb, Croatia (August 23-27, 2020). We would like
to inform you that a conference website https://ecvp2020.org/ is now open
and accepts registrations and abstract submissions. Also, we would like to
inform you about ECVP 2020 program features including keynote lectures,
special symposia and Demo night.

KEYNOTE LECTURES

RANK PRIZE LECTURE
Feedforward and feedback processing for
visual perception and attentional selection
Pieter R. Roelfsema
Netherlands Institute of Neuroscience

PERCEPTION LECTURE
Vision cares about Gestalts, which scares vision science
Johan Wagemans
University of Leuven (KU Leuven)

SPECIAL SYMPOSIA

As in previous years, we would like to invite everyone with an idea for a
suitable topic and a well-balanced line-up of excellent speakers to submit
a symposium proposal. A good symposium should be more than the sum of the
individual talks. It should offer a nice introductory overview (i.e.,
accessible to those who are less familiar with the topic), address a
coherent set of questions from a variety of angles (e.g., different
disciplines, different theoretical perspectives), and offer some general
conclusions or directions for future research. Submissions should consist
of a one-page (A4) proposal, consisting of a title, a short description of
the topic and motivation of its importance and broad interest, the name of
the symposium convener (who provides the introductory overview) and a
line-up of 2 to 4 confirmed speakers with affiliations and titles of their
talks. The proposal should be sent as a PDF by email to
ecvp2020 at ecvp2020.org before February 2, 2020.

Please, note that the conference is not able to cover the cost of the
speakers, hence all speakers will have to register and pay for their own
travel and accommodation. Everyone proposing a symposium will be informed
about the selection (accepted or not) before February 16, 2020. Those who
have their symposium accepted should inform their speakers and ask them to
register and submit their individual abstract through the regular
registration and abstract submission system before the deadline indicated
on the website. Symposium participants will be allowed to submit another
abstract as first author for the regular talk or poster session.

DEMO NIGHT

Please, consider submitting an exciting demonstration for our Demo night
taking place on the 25th of August from 17:00 to 19:30. We welcome
presentations of novel effects that will excite colleagues and inspire new
research and strong demonstrations of classic phenomena. Proposals should
be sent to ecvp2020 at ecvp2020.org

Demo night will be organized in cooperation with technical museum Nikola
Tesla. During Demo night, participants will be able to explore their
permanent exhibition and to enjoy additional demonstrations in the cabinet
of Nikola Tesla.

We are looking forward receiving many excellent contributions!

On behalf of the organizing committee,
Drazen Domijan