[visionlist] Open positions in computer vision and machine learning in Huawei Technology Ltd, Ireland Research Center, Dublin

Vittorio Murino vittorio.murino at univr.it
Wed Jan 8 05:48:36 -04 2020

Video Intelligence Researcher
Video Competence Centre, Huawei Technologies Ireland Research Centre, Dublin, Ireland
Description

We are looking for experienced researchers to join our Video Intelligence team. The team uses pattern recognition and machine learning methods applied to computer vision and video processing. Working with our software engineering team, together we will help Huawei to improve its current video product portfolio and drive the next generation of business and consumer experience.
Key Responsibilities Include:
·        Drive the execution of research projects: propose research projects, propose solutions to research problems, develop algorithms to solve those problems and ensure that these projects are delivered on time.
·        Develop and deliver proof of concept software deliverables for R&D projects.
·        Personal commitment to constantly challenge yourself & improve your skills in a fast-moving domain, and keep up-to-date in domain technologies.
·        Support senior experts in research, industrial analysis and reporting activities.
·        Open & communicative approach, keeping stakeholders fully informed and sharing your experience & expertise with peers.
·        Availability to travel for technical and scientific conferences, technical exhibitions, meetings with clients and/or other internal teams.
·
Skills & Experience – Required
·        PhD in computer vision, image processing, deep learning/machine learning or significant relevant industry experience.
·        Research experience in (one or multiple areas) Computer Vision, Video Processing, Machine Learning/Deep Learning, Pattern Recognition, Multimedia and Data Science as well as experience in applying academic studies to industrial applications.
·        Specifically, knowledge and former experience of work on domain adaptation and behavior analysis (e.g., action recognition) would be preferable.
·        Relevant track record publications in major conferences – CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, ICIP, ICPR, ICML, NeurIPS, ICLR, ACMMM, ICRA, IROS, etc. – and journals in the area – T-PAMI, CVIU, PR, T-IP, T-AC, T-MM, T-RA, etc.
·        Excellent programming skills and knowledge of relevant programming languages for R&D (e.g. C++, Python, Matlab).
·        Ability to translate technical specifications into working code and solve complex problems with consideration of the end-user requirements.
·        Excellent written and spoken communication skills. The candidate should demonstrate the ability to communicate complex research findings to stakeholders in an accessible manner.

Skills and Experience – Desired

It is not required for the candidate to possess skills in all of these areas. Some of these may be required for specific roles but they are valuable for all roles:

Desired Research Experience
·        Video intelligence and analytics: Object recognition, object detection & tracking, media metadata processing/analysis, motion detection, action recognition, event/activity detection and classification, segmentation, and visual saliency detection.
·        Machine Learning: traditional ML methods (SVMs, Random Forest, etc.), supervised and unsupervised approaches, deep learning approaches such as ConvNets, LSTMs, Encoder-Decoder architectures, GAN, learning with scarce data, data augmentation, etc.
·        Video processing: Video quality assessment, image/video enhancement (online and/or offline), image/video editing and rendering, and image-based translation and synthesis

Programming Language and Framework
·        Experience writing research code with either Java, C++, Matlab or Python
·        Experience with deep learning frameworks such as Tensorflow, Caffe, Torch (Pytorch), Keras etc.
·        Experience with common computer vision and machine learning packages such as Opencv, SciKit-Learn, xgboost etc.

About our Team

Huawei, the leading Telecommunications and IT solution provider, opened its European Research and Development (R&D) Centre in Ireland. Led by Huawei’s Video and AI vision, our Video Competence Centre was established in 2017 andcarries out pioneering R&D which leading and driving the next generation of industrial standards and products. Joining forces with top universities and industry leading partners, Huawei’s goal is to revolutionize both the consumer and enterprise markets.

The Video Competence Centre’s mission is defining and driving Huawei’s R&D in the area of video intelligence for its enterprise and consumer businesses. To this end, the team investigates and designs novel and state-of-the-art algorithms in video intelligence and deep learning, more specifically in relation to behaviour analysis (e.g., object detection & recognition, segmentation, enhancement, event detection and classification, etc.) and domain adaptation/transfer learning approaches, in order to create the next generation of intelligent video products & solutions.

The work will involve working in close relationships with other global teams in Huawei, including the video product teams, as well as the wider research and academic community.

To achieve these goals we are looking at recruiting experienced researchers with expertise in Computer Vision and Machine Learning to complement our existing team of experts.

About the Company

Huawei is a leading global provider of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure and smart devices. With integrated solutions across four key domains – telecom networks, IT, smart devices, and cloud services – we are committed to bringing digital to every person, home and organization for a fully connected, intelligent world.

At Huawei, innovation focuses on customer needs. We invest heavily in basic research, concentrating on technological breakthroughs that drive the world forward. We have more than 180,000 employees, and we operate in more than 170 countries and regions. Founded in 1987, Huawei is a private company fully owned by its employees.
Location

This is a fulltime position at our R&D centre based in Dublin, Ireland. Business trips may be required as necessary to support strategic engagements.

Recruitment Privacy Notice: http://career.huawei.com/reccampportal/portal/hrd/...<https://workable.com/nr?l=http%3A%2F%2Fcareer.huawei.com%2Freccampportal%2Fportal%2Fhrd%2Fweu_rec_all.html>

ONLY CANDIDATES WHO MAY LIVE AND WORK IN IRELAND WITHOUT RESTRICTION CAN BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.
DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF REPLIES, ONLY CANDIDATES WHO ARE SHORTLISTED FOR INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.