[visionlist] Open postdoctoral position for a system engineer in SISSA Visual Neuroscience Lab
zoccolan at sissa.it
Wed Jan 8 12:27:43 -04 2020
A postdoctoral position is available in SISSA Visual Neuroscience Lab (https://people.sissa.it/~zoccolan/VisionLab/Home.html <https://people.sissa.it/~zoccolan/VisionLab/Home.html>), directed by Prof. Davide Zoccolan, for a system engineer/computer scientist interested in developing novel head- and eye-tracking systems for small laboratory animals.
The position will be funded under the ERC Proof of Concept project SMARTLABCAM of Prof. Zoccolan and will entail a close interaction with the start-up company CyNexo (https://www.cynexo.com <https://www.cynexo.com/>), focused on neural engineering projects.
The main tasks of the candidate will be:
1) make a porting of an existing head tracking algorithm into an embedded platform that will be selected during the first work period (for a reference, see: https://www.physiology.org/doi/full/10.1152/jn.00301.2019 <https://www.physiology.org/doi/full/10.1152/jn.00301.2019>)
2) develop an innovative eye tracking system to monitor the gaze of both head-fixed and head-free, partially body-restrained rodents
The postdoctoral fellowship is funded for 18 months, with a net salary of 1,800 euros per month.
Application Deadline: Jan 22, 2020 at 1:00 PM (Brussels time)
Starting Date of the position: Mar 1, 2020
The complete call can be found at https://www.sissa.it/bandi/selezione-pubblica-titoli-colloquio-conferimento-di-n-1-assegno-di-ricerca-area-neuroscienze-5 <https://www.sissa.it/bandi/selezione-pubblica-titoli-colloquio-conferimento-di-n-1-assegno-di-ricerca-area-neuroscienze-5>
Applications must be submitted on-line at https://pica.cineca.it/sissa/ar-fe-neur-51-2019/ <https://pica.cineca.it/sissa/ar-fe-neur-51-2019/>
Further details about the position
Responsibilities/skills of the applicant:
- Programming of FPGAs for embedded platform selection capable of real time video elaboration
- C++/Matlab algorithm porting to an embedded platform
- development of software for image processing
- design and implementation of electronic circuits
- debug and testing of the released product
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science, Electronics, Bioengineering or related fields
- Experience in configuring, monitoring and troubleshooting systems
- Team working attitude in a multidisciplinar context
For any Inquiry, please write to Davide Zoccolan at zoccolan at sissa.it <mailto:zoccolan at sissa.it>
Davide Zoccolan, PhD Office: +39 040 3787 701
International School for Advanced Studies (SISSA)
Web (Lab): http://people.sissa.it/~zoccolan
Web (Cog. Neurosci. Group): http://phdcns.sissa.it
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist