[visionlist] Call for Papers: ISBCS 2020 at Bilkent University

Burcu Ayşen Ürgen burcu.urgen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 05:51:45 -04 2020

Dear colleagues,

We are now accepting papers for the 7th International Symposium on Brain
and Cognitive Science (ISBCS 2020), which will be held at Bilkent
University (Ankara, Turkey) on 10th May 2020. The submission will be done
through our symposium website (using EasyChair). The website is up here:
isbcs2020.bilkent.edu.tr

You can also follow updates about the symposium from twitter:
https://twitter.com/isbcs2020

We look forward to meeting you in May at Bilkent.
Thank you,
Burcu

--
ISBCS 2020: International Symposium on Brain and Cognitive Science 2020
Bilkent University
Ankara, Turkey, May 10, 2020
Conference website http://isbcs2020.bilkent.edu.tr
Submission link https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=isbcs2020

Submission deadline April 3, 2020
Notification of accepted posters April 17, 2020
Conference registration deadline April 27, 2020
Topics: cognitive science
<https://easychair.org/cfp/topic.cgi?a=23897396;tid=3730> artificial
intelligence <https://easychair.org/cfp/topic.cgi?tid=670;a=23897396>
neuroscience <https://easychair.org/cfp/topic.cgi?a=23897396;tid=67531>
linguistics <https://easychair.org/cfp/topic.cgi?tid=9755;a=23897396>

We invite papers for the International Symposium on Brain and Cognitive
2020 (ISBCS 2020), which will be held at Bilkent University (Ankara,
Turkey) on 10th May 2020. The conference website is here:
isbcs2020.bilkent.edu.tr

ISBCS 2020 invites research from all the fields which involve the common
goal of cognitive science research: understanding the nature of the human
mind and other minds including artificial minds. All submissions related to
disciplines comprising the field of Cognitive Science will be considered,
including Neuroscience, Psychology, Artificial Intelligence, Linguistics,
Computer Science, Anthropology, Philosophy, and Education.

The updates about the symposium can be followed from twitter:
https://twitter.com/isbcs2020
Submission Guidelines

Submission are handled via the *EasyChair
<https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=isbcs2020>* system.

Papers may be up to four pages long, and should be in a two-column format.
The submission language is English. Optionally, authors can submit papers
in Turkish, in which case the title and the abstract should be both in
English and Turkish. All paper submissions are evaluated by peer reviewers
who make recommendations to the Program Committee. The final decision of
acceptance is made by the Program Co-Chairs. Accepted papers will be
presented at the conference as posters.

The papers will not appear in a printed proceedings volume, and no
copyright will be claimed. Therefore, we solicit contributions that are:

1 - Summaries of already published work related to cognitive sciences.
These will not be peer reviewed, but the abstracts will be used to
determine the program. Please make sure you reference the original paper
the submission is based on. We would like to encourage the submission of
these papers to disseminate them widely in the cognitive science community.

2 - Original, unpublished work and work in progress papers. Since we do not
claim copyright, you are free to re-submit it elsewhere after the symposium.

All submissions must be made electronically as PDF files.

The files are to be uploaded to the conference submission site (click
on *EasyChair
<https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=isbcs2020>*).

Please use the template files (Microsoft Word and LaTeX) on the symposium
website for your submissions.
Venue

The conference will be held at Bilkent University, Electrical and
Electronics Engineering Building
<https://www.google.com/maps/place/Bilkent+University+Faculty+of+Electrical+and+Electronics+Engineering/@39.8720666,32.7484648,17z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x14d3470fe7683f31:0x57cb3501690a3002!8m2!3d39.8720666!4d32.7506535?shorturl=1>,
Hall EE-01, Ankara, Turkey.
Confirmed Speakers

Haluk Ogmen, PhD - University of Denver, USA

Asli Ozyurek, PhD - Radboud University, Netherlands

Luke Miller, PhD - Radboud University, Netherlands

Alba Tuninetti, PhD - Bilkent University, Turkey
Contact

All questions about submissions should be emailed to
isbcs2020.bilkent at gmail.com.

--
Burcu Ayşen Ürgen, PhD
Assistant Professor

Email: burcu.urgen at bilkent.edu.tr
Website: http://burcu.urgen.bilkent.edu.tr
Lab: http://www.ccn.bilkent.edu.tr
Tel: +90 312 290 30 91 or +90 312 290 1807