[visionlist] Postdoctoral position at UC Berkeley in computational visual neuroscience

Emily Cooper emilyacooper at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 17:54:03 -04 2020

*Postdoctoral position at UC Berkeley in computational visual neuroscience*

I am looking for a postdoctoral researcher to join my team at the
University of California, Berkeley. This position is part of a
collaborative investigation into the neural processing of natural visual
motion. The project scope includes analyzing and modeling optical flow in
natural videos, as well as working closely with a team of neurobiologists
to interpret visual circuit responses (zebrafish, cichlids) to natural
motion. The researcher will be expected to pursue additional research areas
of mutual interest. Strong mathematical, digital imaging, and programming
skills are necessary, as well as strong communication skills and a record
of research productivity. Applicants must also have finished their Ph.D. in
neuroscience, vision science, engineering, computer science, or related
fields.

The work in my lab spans a number of topics in vision science, for which we
employ a combination of perceptual experiments and computational
techniques. More information about our research can be found at my lab
website: http://www.emilyacooper.org

The start date is flexible, preferably in the spring or summer of 2020.
Applicants should send a brief statement of interest, CV, and names of
three references (letters requested later) to Prof. Emily Cooper (
emilycooper at berkeley.edu).

--
Emily Cooper
Assistant Professor