[visionlist] Clinical Research Director vacancy in Berlin-based startup

hamed bahmani hbahmani at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 13:19:45 -04 2020

Job profile

Clinical Research Director

(m/f/d)

*What we do*

*Dopavision GmbH* is a digital-health startup based in Berlin with the
mission to disrupt vision care with digital solutions. We are backed with
venture capital and a research grant from the German Federal Ministry of
Education and Research (BMBF). We are developing a digital solution for
myopia control which aims at modulating retinal dopamine by artificial
light, in order to regulate the eyeball growth. We have successfully
conducted proof-of-concept experiments and are performing pre-clinical
investigations together with national and international academic partners.
We are a team of 5 experienced scientists and startup entrepreneurs, and
are supported by renowned scientific advisors and strategic pharmaceutical
partners.

We are now looking for a *Clinical Research Director *to lead our clinical
research activities, develop clinical study concepts and implement them
together with the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) of the company’s management
team. If you are passionate about eye, vision, clinical studies or digital
health technologies and enjoy working in an early-stage startup, then we
would like to get to know you!

*Your Responsibilities*

·       Play a key role in the development and implementation of our
clinical investigation strategy, together with the CMO and our Scientific
Advisory Board

·       Research existing clinical literature on myopia, and summarize the
scientific state-of-the-art as a basis for strategic decisions

·       Write concepts, protocols and other documents for clinical
investigations (e.g., Target Product Profile, Clinical Development Plan),
and oversee the implementation of clinical studies from a scientific
perspective

·       Analyze and interpret the clinical results jointly with the CMO and
our medical advisors

·       Develop innovative clinical study protocols for digital therapies,
e.g., by designing new blinding and placebo methods suitable for the
digital world

·       Develop our publication plan and lead our medical writing
activities – your goal is to publish in internationally renowned scientific
journals and present at international conferences

·       Stay up to date on latest developments, products and ongoing
studies in myopia research

·        Work closely with our product development and regulatory teams to
derive implications from clinical findings on our product development path

*Your Qualifications*

·       MD or PhD in medical sciences, vision sciences, or life sciences
with proven research experience, ideally at post-doc level

·        3-5 years clinical or research working experience in
ophthalmology, myopia, neurobiology of the eye, or related fields

·        Successful track record in planning, conducting and publication of
basic science or clinical research

·        > 2 years industry experience in clinical investigations in a
pharmaceutical company, medical device company, CRO, or similar organization

·       Strong knowledge of clinical study processes and regulatory
frameworks, ideally in the context of medical devices, and excellent
knowledge of medical scientific terminology

·       Excellent communication skills and fluent in English; German is a
plus

·       Ability to present complex situations clearly to generate
implementable solutions

·       Being able to work independently, self-motivated, with high
attention to detail

·       High team orientation and experience in working in
interdisciplinary teams

·       Excellent problem-solving abilities

*What we offer*

·       Competitive salary

·       You build the team with us and define our company culture – as
employee number 6

·       Shape the future of digital medicine and help address an unmet
medical need that affects billions of people world-wide

·       Invent new protocols and ways to perform clinical investigations
for digital health care together with sharp minds in the team

·       Continue building your scientific career by publishing your
findings in renowned international journals and present them at conferences

·       Work together with the best scientists in the field of myopia
research from all around the world – Asia, Australia, and Europe, among
others

·       Offices in Mindspace, the coolest co-working space in the heart of
Berlin (at least in our opinion) with free yoga classes, coffee and happy
hours on the terrace

Sounds like your next adventure? Apply online – we’re looking forward to
getting to know you! Not sure? Still take a moment to reach out to get to
know us or ask your questions: jobs at dopavision.com

*Location: *Berlin

*Position: *Full-time