[visionlist] Research Assistant Opening at Smith Kettlewell, San Francisco
preeti at ski.org
Mon Mar 2 11:02:56 -04 2020
The Verghese Lab at the Smith-Kettlewell Eye Research Institute is seeking a motivated and organized individual with training in studying human vision and eye tracking to work with healthy participants as well as those with visual impairment due to age-related macular degeneration (AMD). The research assistant will program visual displays, conduct experimental research, analyze data, and run comparisons to model predictions. Good problem solving skills and the ability to work with elderly participants are highly desirable. This is an ideal opportunity for an individual who wants to gain research experience before graduate/medical school.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Program experiments (using MATLAB) and interface with eye movement data acquisition (using an Eyelink 1000 eyetracker)
- Run participants (normal and clinical populations) in experiments according to approved protocols
- Analyze both behavioral and eye movement data
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Psychology or Neuroscience
- Proficiency in MATLAB programming
- Experience in running eye movement studies
- Experience with human subject research
- Experience with statistical methods for data analysis
This is a full-time non-exempt position and is eligible for full benefits. We offer a professional work environment, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance coverage, pension plan, and vacation/sick/holiday pay.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to jobs at ski.org<mailto:jobs at ski.org>.
The Smith-Kettlewell Eye Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals including applicants with a criminal history pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist