[visionlist] Postdoctoral position and RA position at Dartmouth

Brad Duchaine bradley.c.duchaine at dartmouth.edu
Tue Mar 3 11:04:44 -04 2020

Hello,

My lab is searching for a postdoctoral fellow who will contribute to a
four-year project investigating the cognitive and neural basis of
developmental prosopagnosia. Please see ad below.

We're also looking for a research assistant/lab manager to work on the
project. The lab manager position will require strong programming skills
and an interest in perception, neuroscience, and neuropsychology. If you're
interested in the RA position, please email me.

Thanks,
Brad

The Social Perception Lab in Psychological and Brain Sciences at Dartmouth
College is searching for a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow. We
encourage applications from creative scientists who are eager to develop an
independent research program involving psychophysics, neuroimaging, and
neuropsychology. The postdoctoral fellow will have the opportunity to play
a key role in a four-year NIH-funded project investigating the cognitive
and neural basis of developmental prosopagnosia (DP). The project will
examine the extent and nature of cognitive and neural anomalies in DP using
behavioral tests and a rich set of neuroimaging data involving of
selectivity measures, functional connectivity, population receptive field
estimates, and diffusion tensor imaging.

The postdoctoral fellow will work closely with the PI (Brad Duchaine) and
the Co-I (Caroline Robertson), and both are committed to the training and
career development of the fellow. The Department of Psychological and Brain
Sciences has a concentration of laboratories working in two research areas
that are highly relevant to this project – high-level vision and space
perception/navigation. Moore Hall houses a research-dedicated scanner, and
because of the department’s emphasis on neuroimaging, excellent support and
resources are available for imaging work. For more information about the
Social Perception Lab, please visit: https://lab.faceblind.org/ and
https://www.faceblind.org/

Dartmouth College is an Ivy League university located in picturesque
Hanover, NH that has graduate programs in the sciences, engineering,
medicine, and business. The Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences
is a premier psychology and neuroscience department, with 26 faculty
members studying topics that range from place cell codes to social norms.

The ideal candidate for the position will have experience with both
perceptual research and neuroimaging as well as an interest in
neuropsychology, but we encourage enquires from candidates with other
backgrounds. To apply, please send a cover letter outlining
your research interests and qualifications, a CV, and contact information
for two references to bradley.c.duchaine at dartmouth.edu