[visionlist] COVID-19 and software for automatic detection of face touching

James Pomerantz pomeran at rice.edu
Fri Mar 20 18:20:10 -04 2020

Dear Colleagues,

Can someone put me in contact with any researchers who might know about
smartphone software capable of detecting hands touching the face? That
is certainly a primary pathway for the spread of COVID-19. I’m working
with behavioral scientists who hope to extinguish face touching through
established techniques such as operant conditioning. Software that
automated detection could speed up their work considerably. Please
forward contact information for anyone you think might help. This is
obviously a matter of urgency if we are to slow the pandemic
transmission rate and flatten the curve.

Thanks, Jim Pomerantz, pomeran at rice.edu.