[visionlist] Last chance to submit 2-4 page WIP paper for IEEE tech co-sponsored conference on XR & Immersive Learning

Lee, Mark malee at csu.edu.au
Fri May 1 06:03:18 -04 2020

with proceedings to be submitted for inclusion in IEEE Xplore(r)

Conference theme: "Vision 20/20: Hindsight, Insight, and Foresight in XR and Immersive Learning"

Conference website: http://immersivelrn.org/ilrn2020

The 6th Annual International Conference of the Immersive Learning Research Network (iLRN 2020), the premier scholarly conference on the use of virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), mixed reality (MR), and other related technologies (collectively known as "XR") for supporting education, training, and learning across sectors and contexts. This year, the conference will take place fully online using a number of virtual reality and other collaboration platforms. (Those without access to VR headsets can participate via desktop/laptop computer.) In addition to being an IEEE technically co-sponsored conference, the iLRN 2020 Virtual Conference is being organized in partnership with Educators in VR, who were behind the highly successful Educators in VR International Summit earlier this year that included over 170 speakers and attracted over 6,000 event participants from around the globe. We are expecting 8,000+ attendees at iLRN 2020!

Following numerous requests and in consideration of the current global situation, we have re-opened the paper and proposal submission system and extended the deadlines for the following submission types. This will be the absolute final extension on the deadlines.

- Academic Work-in-Progress papers for poster presentation (2-4 pages for publication in proceedings) - due May 5, 2020

- Academic Work-in-Progress papers for doctoral colloquium (2-4 pages for publication in proceedings) - due May 5, 2020

- Practitioner Stream oral and poster presentation proposals (1-2 pages, not published in proceedings) - due May 18, 2020

- Workshop, Panel Session, and Special Session proposals (2-3 pages, published in proceedings as extended-abstract descriptions of the sessions) - due May 18, 2020

Please see the conference website for paper and proposal templates and guidelines: https://immersivelrn.org/ilrn2020/call-for-papers-proposals/

##### PUBLICATION & INDEXING #####

All accepted and registered Academic Stream papers (including Work-in-progress) that are presented at the virtual conference, along with extended abstracts describing each of the Panel Sessions, Special Sessions, and Workshops that are presented, will be published in the conference proceedings and submitted to the IEEE Xplore(r) digital library. IEEE makes Xplore content available to its abstracting & indexing partners, including Elsevier (Scopus, Ei Compendex) and Clarivate Analytics (CPCI - part of Web of Science).

##### CONTACT #####

conference at immersivelrn.org

(Sent to visionlist at visionscience.com

|   ALBURY-WODONGA   |   BATHURST   |   BRISBANE   |   CANBERRA   |   DUBBO   |   GOULBURN   |   MELBOURNE   |   ORANGE   |   PORT MACQUARIE   |   SYDNEY   |   WAGGA WAGGA   |

LEGAL NOTICE
This email (and any attachment) is confidential and is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must not copy, distribute, take any action in reliance on it or disclose it to anyone. Any confidentiality is not waived or lost by reason of mistaken delivery. Email should be checked for viruses and defects before opening. Charles Sturt University does not accept liability for viruses or any consequence which arise as a result of this email transmission. Email communications with Charles Sturt University may be subject to automated email filtering, which could result in the delay or deletion of a legitimate email before it is read at Charles Sturt University. The views expressed in this email are not necessarily those of Charles Sturt University.
Charles Sturt University in Australia The Grange Chancellery, Panorama Avenue, Bathurst NSW Australia 2795 (ABN: 83 878 708 551; CRICOS Provider Number: 00005F (National)). TEQSA Provider Number: PV12018
Consider the environment before printing this email.