[visionlist] SC2020 Conference: Postponed to 2021

Jurgis Skilters jurgisskilters at gmail.com
Thu May 7 02:49:37 -04 2020

Due to the unclear situation regarding COVID-19 and the reluctance of some
colleagues to attend any events in August or September, and after
discussing several options with the Steering Committee, we have decided to
postpone the conference to 2021, likely to the first days of August 2021
(right after the Cognitive Science Society meeting in Vienna). We think
that a physical co-presence conference would be better in terms of
interaction, discussion, and networking.

We will announce additional / new Call for Papers, however:

   - All accepted posters will stay accepted in our postponed conference, and
   all 2020-paper and poster submitters will have a discounted participation
   fee at the 2021 event.
   - Workshops and Symposia are also postponed to 2021 (all accepted
   contributions will stay accepted in our postponed conference).
   - Nevertheless, we will publish (2020) the book of the accepted regular
   papers because we have finished the selection, and we are aware that some
   colleagues’ work as a part of funding project or Ph.D. project
   significantly depends on this publication. (We will have a publication fee
   that should be paid by at least one author of each contribution.)

Please follow all updates on SC2020/21 and all co-affiliated satellite
events on http://sc2020.lu.lv/

We hope to see you in 2021!

Very best

Jurgis Skilters, Nora Newcombe, David Uttal

(Program Chairs)