[visionlist] Special Issue on "Novel Methods and Applications of 3D Data Processing", Information (MDPI)
riccardo.monica at unipr.it
Tue May 12 09:32:55 -04 2020
We are looking for contributions to the Special Issue on "Novel Methods and Applications of 3D Data Processing" of the "Information" Journal (MDPI).
- Special Issue: Novel Methods and Applications of 3D Data Processing
- Submission deadline: 31 January 2021 (articles can be submitted and published before the deadline)
- Website: https://www.mdpi.com/journal/information/special_issues/3D_Data_Processing
- Journal: Information (ISSN 2078-2489, MDPI) https://www.mdpi.com/journal/information
In the last decade, the appearance of cheap depth sensors on the market has allowed researchers to experiment using 3D and RGB-D cameras, developing novel perception algorithms and methods.
Ten years later, research fields such as augmented reality and robotics have been transformed by the availability of 3D information. The processing of 3D data is becoming almost as ubiquitous as 2D machine vision. Moreover, depth sensors are being successfully applied in industries, entertainment, and cultural heritage.
As 3D data is often copiously available, it needs to be interpreted, merged, and processed in a consistent way, guaranteeing accuracy and efficiency. Due to the abundance of such 3D data, issues have arisen relating to storage and visualization. Furthermore, many common methods of 2D computer vision, up to convolutional neural networks, strongly depend on input data structure and have to be reworked and adapted for 3D perception.
This Special Issue is dedicated to novel achievements in the field of 3D and RGB-D sensor data processing in any form. Topics of interest include but are not limited to the following:
- 3D perception
- 3D reconstruction
- Sensor fusion
- Sensor tracking and pose estimation
- Mapping and SLAM
- Segmentation, object detection, and recognition from 3D data
- Active perception, viewpoint optimization, and next best view planning
- Robotic 3D perception
- Processing of large scale 3D datasets
- Computational geometry for 3D data
- Deep learning and convolutional neural networks for 3D data
- Visualization of 3D information
- 3D sensors for virtual and augmented reality
- 2D/3D machine vision for industrial applications
Dr. Riccardo Monica
Prof. Jacopo Aleotti
Information https://www.mdpi.com/journal/information (ISSN 2078-2489) is a scientific peer-reviewed open access journal of information science and technology, data, knowledge, and communication, and is published monthly online by MDPI.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Dr. Riccardo Monica
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist