[visionlist] Doctoral Colloquium - No paper req'd - iLRN 2020 Virtual Conf. on VR/AR/MR (XR) & Immersive Tech. for Learning

Lee, Mark malee at csu.edu.au
Tue May 26 20:49:12 -04 2020

INVITATION TO PARTICIPATE IN THE ILRN 2020 VIRTUAL DOCTORAL COLLOQUIUM

Paper and/or poster optional; FREE for students not presenting/publishing in the main conference.

iLRN 2020: 6th International Conference of the Immersive Learning Research Network
June 21-25, 2020, Online and in Virtual Reality

Technically co-sponsored by the IEEE Education Society,
with proceedings to be submitted for inclusion in IEEE Xplore(r)

Website: http://immersivelrn.org/ilrn2020/dc

Doctoral Colloquium Coordinators:

* Andreas Dengel, Julius Maximilian University of Würzburg, Germany
* Tiago Martins Peres, Universidade Aberta, Portugal

Join our Doctoral Colloquium at iLRN 2020, the 6th International Conference of the Immersive Learning Research Network, which will be taking place online using a number of virtual reality and other digital collaboration platforms/tools from June 21 to 25, 2020. (Headset not required to participate.) This is the premier scholarly event focusing on advances in the use of virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), mixed reality (MR), and other extended reality (XR) technologies to support learning across sectors and contexts.

### Benefits of Participation ###

One day prior to the main conference, we offer you, the doctoral and master's students with a focus on VR/AR/MR (XR) and immersive learning research, a platform to:

* Build your network: The Doctoral Colloquium will take place in a virtual platform that can host thousands of users simultaneously and includes a friend system with user profiles that one can even link, for instance, LinkedIn there.

* Get feedback on your ideas and work: Feedback provided by graduate students, for graduate students.

* Create early visibility for your research.

Whether you are joining the main conference or not, we welcome you to participate in this friendly gathering of doctoral and master's students on June 22, 2020 (time TBA).

### Important Notes ###

1. We consider all submissions relevant to XR and immersive learning research.

2. You don't need a presentation or even to participate at the main conference to join the Doctoral Colloquium!

3. Presenters and participants must register for the conference, but may do so for free (unless you are a practitioner or presenter at the main conference, or if you want to have your Work-in-progress paper included in the proceedings).

### Types of Submission ###

While everybody is welcome to participate and give feedback, we want to give you a fine selection of amazing doctoral and master's projects to hear and learn about. If you are interest in presenting your work at the iLRN 2020 Doctoral Colloquium, you have three options from which to choose:

1. Submit a "Work-in-Progress paper for Doctoral Colloquium" via EasyChair. If your paper gets accepted, it will be included in the proceedings (note that, in this case, you have to pay the Academic Author registration for the conference) AND submit a pre-recorded 3 to 7-minute video summarizing your work.

2. Submit a "Practitioner proposal for poster presentation" via EasyChair (this requires registration, but at the Practitioner Presenter rate-cheaper than the Academic) AND submit a pre-recorded 3 to 7-minute video summarizing your work.

3. JUST submit a pre-recorded 3 to 7-minute video summarizing your work.

Regardless of whether you have a paper or proposal accepted for the conference, you can participate in the Doctoral Colloquium by submitting a video summarizing your project. We recommend the video is in 3-Minute Thesis (3MT), Video Abstract, or PechaKucha format.
See the iLRN 2020 Video Presentation Guidelines (https://immersivelrn.org/ilrn2020/video-presentation-guidelines/ ).

When you are ready, submit your video here: https://bit.ly/3guhGjY

Once your submission has been reviewed and accepted, the Doctoral Colloquium Coordinators will send you a coupon code allowing you to register for the conference for free, provided you meet the aforementioned criteria.

Questions and inquiries regarding the Doctoral Colloquium may be directed to andreas at immersivelrn.org .

(Sent to visionlist at visionscience.com)

|   ALBURY-WODONGA   |   BATHURST   |   BRISBANE   |   CANBERRA   |   DUBBO   |   GOULBURN   |   MELBOURNE   |   ORANGE   |   PORT MACQUARIE   |   SYDNEY   |   WAGGA WAGGA   |

LEGAL NOTICE
This email (and any attachment) is confidential and is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must not copy, distribute, take any action in reliance on it or disclose it to anyone. Any confidentiality is not waived or lost by reason of mistaken delivery. Email should be checked for viruses and defects before opening. Charles Sturt University does not accept liability for viruses or any consequence which arise as a result of this email transmission. Email communications with Charles Sturt University may be subject to automated email filtering, which could result in the delay or deletion of a legitimate email before it is read at Charles Sturt University. The views expressed in this email are not necessarily those of Charles Sturt University.
Charles Sturt University in Australia The Grange Chancellery, Panorama Avenue, Bathurst NSW Australia 2795 (ABN: 83 878 708 551; CRICOS Provider Number: 00005F (National)). TEQSA Provider Number: PV12018
Consider the environment before printing this email.