[visionlist] Research Assistant in Vision Science at Harvard

Jung, Jaehyun Jaehyun_Jung at MEEI.HARVARD.EDU
Thu Jun 4 16:26:14 -04 2020

Research Assistant in Vision Science at Harvard

At the Schepens Eye Research Institute/Mass Eye and Ear, Harvard Medical School, we have an immediate opening for a full-time research assistant to work with Drs. Eli Peli and Jae-Hyun Jung (https://pelilab.partners.org<https://pelilab.partners.org/>) in the Mobility Enhancement and Vision Rehabilitation Center of Excellence.

We are seeking an enthusiastic and highly-motivated research assistant candidate with a bachelor or master degree in vision science, psychology, engineering, or optometry. The position is part of object recognition studies with sensory substitution devices, field expansion studies, and virtual reality simulations supported by DoD and NIH.

Major responsibilities will be recruiting, scheduling, and training subjects to use the devices includes implementing experimental protocols. Good problem-solving skills and strong interpersonal skills are essential. Proficiency in graphic programs and office tools is necessary, and programming skills would be advantageous. Experience in vision rehabilitation, visual psychophysics, or statistics would be a plus.

Research assistants in the lab are frequently coauthor or even serve as lead authors on publication. We have a great record of our RAs ending in excellent professional or graduate programs.

The position is open now, initially available for 12 months with possible extension to additional years. Applications will be reviewed as received and considered until the position is filled. Please send the latest CV and cover letter to jaehyun_jung at meei.harvard.edu<mailto:jaehyun_jung at meei.harvard.edu>

Best,
Jae-Hyun

Jae-Hyun Jung, PhD, FAAO
Instructor in Ophthalmology at Harvard Medical School
Investigator at the Schepens Eye Research Institute,
Massachusetts Eye and Ear
20 Staniford Street, Boston, MA 02114
Tel: 617-912-2525
E-mail: jaehyun_jung at meei.harvard.edu<https://webmail.meei.harvard.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=pqQVOuMaXEKMnTtauGyXBeumZgf3xc8I6ENjFxmN1eLoa8MlklVEPK8uyMwNghn_b3lVZ-QlZvc.&URL=mailto%3ajaehyun_jung%40meei.harvard.edu>

Mass. Eye and Ear Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual(s) addressed in the message above. This communication may contain sensitive or confidential information. If you are not an intended recipient, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you believe you have received this e-mail in error and the email contains patient information, please contact the Mass. Eye and Ear Compliance Line at (800) 856-1983. If the e-mail was sent to you in error but does not contain patient information, please contact the sender and delete the e-mail.