[visionlist] 2020 Fall Vision Meeting Postponed until 2021

Ravi Jonnal rjonnal at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 21:09:29 -04 2020

The 20th Annual Optical Society of America Fall Vision Meeting was
scheduled to take place in early October at the University of Washington.
Regretfully, after considering the challenges and constraints posed by the
ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the organizing committee has made the difficult
decision to postpone the meeting to next year. We are unable to predict the
phase of recovery in which Washington state will be as of October, and with
many universities opting for virtual classes we are not confident that we
will be able to provide the intimate, high-quality specialty meeting FVM is
known for.

This means you have the opportunity to plan well in advance for next year.
The 20th annual meeting will be held at the University of Washington in
Seattle, WA, Thursday, September 30, 2021-Sunday, October 3, 2021. In
addition to our prestigious Tillyer and Boynton Award lectures, our invited
sessions will include:

  - Artificial intelligence applications in ophthalmology and vision science

  - GABAergic function and dysfunction in visual perception

  - Reawakening plasticity in the visual cortex

  - Retinal structure and function at the submicron resolutions

  - Top-down and bottom-up approaches to computational modeling of vision

Further details and updates as we approach the date can be found at the
meeting website (www.osafallvisionmeeting.org), or on Twitter @OSAFVM.

We sincerely hope that you will save the date for the OSA Fall Vision
Meeting 2021, and we look forward to welcoming you in Seattle next year.

Sincerely,

Stacey Choi, Chair of OSA FVM Planning Committee

Ravi Jonnal, Chair-elect of OSA FVM Planning Committee
--
Ravi Sankar Jonnal, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology