[visionlist] PhD Position in binocular rivalry
Zaretskaya, Natalia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
natalia.zaretskaya at uni-graz.at
Fri Jun 12 10:50:23 -04 2020
We are looking for a doctoral student to work on a project related to transitions in binocular rivalry at the University of Graz, Austria. You will find the official job ad below.
Dr. Natalia Zaretskaya
Institute of Psychology, University of Graz
+43 316 380 - 5117
natalia.zaretskaya at uni-graz.at<mailto:natalia.zaretskaya at uni-graz.at>
The Independent research group “Neural basis of subjective visual experience”
(PI: Natalia Zaretskaya) at the Institute of Psychology of the University of Graz is looking for a
within the framework of the FWF funded project
„Investigation of transitions in binocular rivalry“
(Project-Assistant; 30 hours a week; fixed-term employment initially for 1 year with a possibility of extension for up to 3.5 years in total)
• Writing a dissertation and publishing activities related to the topic of the project
• Participation in planning, preparing and conducting experiments, data analysis
• Preparing scientific manuscripts and publications
• Participation in scientific conferences and workshops
• Contribution to supervising scientific thesis
• Master’s degree or diploma in psychology, biology, neuroscience, medicine computer science or similar fields
• Excellent English skills
• Interest in the topic of the project and in vision/neuroscience research in general
• Scientific curiosity, ability and readiness to learn new things
• Excellent organization, communication and social skills, independence, reliability
• Preferably sound knowledge in conducting/analyzing behavioral experiments and programming skills (MATLAB, Python, etc.)
• Preferably sound knowledge of the visual system
The project provides an opportunity to learn vision research techniques, while addressing exciting scientific questions related to consciousness research. You will join a young team of 3 other doctoral students and 2 RAs. The project is dedicated to a detailed investigation of transition phases in binocular rivalry: their phenomenology within the population and across the lifespan, as well as experimental factors that affect their appearance. Project-related publications:
• Jusyte*, A., Zaretskaya*, N., Höhnle, N.M., Bartels, A., Schönenberg, M., 2018. Binocular rivalry transitions predict inattention symptom severity in adult ADHD. Eur. Arch. Psychiatry Clin. Neurosci. 268, 373–382. doi:10.1007/s00406-017-0790-1
• Zaretskaya Natalia and Narinyan Marine (2014) Introspection, attention or awareness? The role of the frontal lobe in binocular rivalry. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience 8(527) 1-2.
• Zaretskaya* Natalia, Thielscher* Axel, Logothetis Nikos K and Bartels Andreas (November 2010) Disrupting Parietal Function Prolongs Dominance Durations in Binocular Rivalry. Current Biology 20(23) 2106-2111.
• Zaretskaya Natalia and Bartels Andreas (2013) Perceptual effects of stimulating V5/hMT+ during binocular rivalry are state specific. Current Biology 23:R919–R920.
More information is available at https://sites.google.com/view/natalia-zaretskaya/home
Salary scheme is according to the FWF scale for doctoral candidates
The minimum salary according to FWF is EUR 2,205.60 gross/month.
Application Deadline: 22.06.2020
Application documents, including:
• Motivation Letter
• Relevant diplomas/graduation certificates with grade transcripts
• Contact information of two referees who would be willing to provide a reference letter upon request
Should be sent to Natalia.Zaretskaya at uni-graz.at<mailto:Natalia.Zaretskaya at uni-graz.at>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist