[visionlist] Post-doctoral Position in Retinal Neurophysiology at UC Berkeley

Teresa Puthussery tputhussery at berkeley.edu
Mon Jun 15 15:00:27 -04 2020

Post-doctoral Position in Retinal Neurophysiology at UC Berkeley
We are seeking a highly-motivated post-doctoral researcher to join our team at the University of California, Berkeley. We use optical imaging, single-cell electrophysiology and molecular methods to investigate the anatomy, connectivity and function of cell types and circuits in the normal and degenerating retina. More details about our research can be found here: retinalab.berkeley.edu <http://retinalab.berkeley.edu/>.

The successful candidate will use two-photon calcium imaging and patch-clamp electrophysiology to determine the light-evoked receptive field properties of previously uncharacterized amacrine and ganglion cell types in the non-human primate retina. Functional experiments will be complimented by morphological and molecular approaches for cell classification.

Candidates should have a PhD in neuroscience, ophthalmology, biophysics, vision science or a related field. The ideal candidate will have experience in at least one of the following areas: calcium imaging, patch-clamp electrophysiology or microscopy/image analysis. Scientific programming experience (e.g. Igor Pro, MATLAB, Image J or Python), or the desire and motivation to learn, is highly desirable. Start date is summer or fall 2020.

Interested candidates should submit: (1) a CV (2) brief statement of research interests and (3) names of at least two references to Dr. Teresa Puthussery (tputhussery at berkeley.edu <mailto:tputhussery at berkeley.edu>).

Informal enquiries are welcomed.