[visionlist] Virtual Club Vision on the last day of V-VSS

Martin Rolfs martin.rolfs at hu-berlin.de
Fri Jun 19 14:38:03 -04 2020

Dear VSS crowd,

For many of us, Club Vision is one of the highlights of VSS, for some of us
it's the best night of the year (this is less sad than it sounds).

A quick twitter poll yielded over 100 votes showing that many of you share
our enthusiasm. So there shall not be a Virtual VSS without a virtual dance
party.

*Thus we give to you: **–_Virtual **Club Vision_–*

You must have questions.

*Why are we doing this? *

Club Vision is where vision scientists come together to relax, enjoy music,
and dance. This year, it will be a way to rejuvenate after perfecting your
presentation, worrying about the pandemic in quarantine, or fighting for
justice in the streets.

*How does it work?*

*–_Virtual **Club Vision_–* is a zoom-based dance party. The zoom link will
be available in your V-VSS meeting schedule
<https://www.visionsciences.org/myvss/?mtpage=vvss_schedule_of_events>. In
addition to the dance floor (main room), we will be able to assign small
groups to breakout rooms if you want to catch up with friends. If you
haven’t been to a party over zoom yet, it’s more fun than you expect and
better than a lab meeting.

*When does it happen? *

Right after the closing session on *Wednesday, June 24th, at 4:30 pm EST.  *VSS
is virtually everywhere this year, so we tried to accommodate most time
zones
<https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2020&month=6&day=23&hour=20&min=30&sec=0&p1=224&p2=156&p3=136&p4=37&p5=110&p6=176&p7=248&p8=240&iv=1800>.
This
is the afternoon in the Americas, the late evening in Africa and Europe,
and the early morning in East Asia and Australia.

*When does it end?*

The party will last for at least 2 hours, but can be extended up to 4 hours
if that's what we all want (the organizers are in Europe and California).

*Who's the DJ?*

It could be (should be!) you. To nominate yourself, send us 5 example
tracks that you would play (by Monday, June 22, 12 pm EST; contact info
below). We hope to offer a diverse range of musical styles, but we may not
be able to accommodate everyone. DJ Curvature, DJ D-Prime, and DJ Focus
already volunteered to play 30-60 min sets.

*What should I bring?*

Glowsticks, disco lights, creative zoom backgrounds, and your pent-up
energy from months of quarantine.

*What should I wear?*

Your VSS outfit that you didn't get to show off this year.

*What are the rules? *

*–_Virtual **Club Vision_–* is a judgement-free space for all members of
our community to celebrate. Participate however you feel comfortable. The
hosts will kick out any attendee who behaves disrespectfully or
inappropriately.

*Please do not share the zoom link with non-VSS members*, but other people
in your household are welcome to dance with us.

We look forward to seeing you there!

Martin Rolfs (martin.rolfs at hu-berlin.de) & Alex White (
alex.white at stanford.edu)