[visionlist] PhD offer "Ultra-fast vision using Spiking Neural Networks" coordinated by Laurent Perrinet (CNRS - Marseille, France)

Laurent Perrinet laurent.perrinet at univ-amu.fr
Tue Jun 30 06:06:40 -04 2020

Dear colleagues,

Applications are welcome for a fully funded doctoral position at INT <http://www.int.univ-amu.fr/?lang=en> in Marseille <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marseille>, France. Your mission will be to build ultra-fast vision algorithms using event-based cameras and spiking neural networks. The project is funded by the APROVIS3D <https://laurentperrinet.github.io/grant/aprovis-3-d/> grant (ANR-19-CHR3-0008-03) and will be coordinated by Laurent Perrinet <https://laurentperrinet.github.io/>. The work will be carried out in collaboration with a leading computer science institute at Université Côte d’Azur (Sophia Antipolis, France), the Laboratoire d’Informatique, Signaux et Systèmes de Sophia-Antipolis (I3S, UMR7271 - UNS CNRS), that will be part of the supervision team. We are seeking candidates with a strong background in machine learning, computer vision and computational neuroscience.

To obtain further information, please visit https://laurentperrinet.github.io/post/2020-06-30_phd-position <https://laurentperrinet.github.io/post/2020-06-30_phd-position> and contact me @ Laurent.Perrinet at univ-amu.fr <mailto:Laurent.Perrinet at univ-amu.fr>. To candidate, follow instructions on the dedicated server from the CNRS <https://bit.ly/3igRji4>.

The starting date is set to October 1st, 2020 and the appointment is for 36 month. Applications are welcome immediately.

Thanks for distributing this announcement to potential candidates!

Laurent
--

Laurent Perrinet - INT (UMR 7289)/CNRS
https://laurentperrinet.github.io/ <https://laurentperrinet.github.io/>