[visionlist] Is there any open Zernike data base of real human eyes?

Jim Ferwerda jaf at cis.rit.edu
Mon Jul 6 11:16:49 -04 2020

Brian Barsky and colleagues have worked in this area. Don’t know if their data is available.

F. Huang, G. Wetzstein, B. A. Barsky, and R. Raskar, "Eyeglasses-free Display: Towards Correcting Visual Aberrations with Computational Light Field Displays <http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~barsky/siggraph.2014.html>," ACM Trans. Graph. (Proc. SIGGRAPH), vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 1-12, July 2014. [abstract <https://www2.eecs.berkeley.edu/deptinfo?pubinfo&format=abstract&minihead&pubid=25629>]
F. Huang, G. Wetzstein, B. A. Barsky, and R. Raskar, "Computational Light Field Display for Correcting Visual Aberrations," ACM SIGGRAPH 2013 (poster), July 2013.
F. Huang, D. Lanman, B. A. Barsky, and R. Raskar, "Correcting for Optical Aberrations using Multilayer Displays," ACM Transactions on Graphics (TOG), vol. 31, no. 6, Nov. 2012.
H. H. Tran, S. A. Klein, and B. A. Barsky, "Three-dimensional finite element analyses of contact lens deformation and lens-eye interactions," Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. S940, March 2001.
B. A. Barsky, D. Klein, and S. A. Klein, "Computer simulation of vision-based synthetic images using Hartmann-Shack-derived wavefront aberrations," Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. S162, March 2001.
S. S. Dalal, S. A. Klein, B. A. Barsky, and J. C. Corzine, "Limitations of the Zernike representation of cornea and wavefront for post-refractive surgery eyes <http://cornea.berkeley.edu/presentations/sarangARVO.pdf>," Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. S603, March 2001.
B. A. Barsky, M. S. Downes, and F. Tendick, "The OPTICAL and VESTA Projects: Ophthalmic visualization and virtual surgery," The Intl. J. of Virtual Reality, vol. 5, no. 1, March 2001.
H. H. Tran, S. A. Klein, and B. A. Barsky, "The mechanics of contact lens deformation on the eye using finite element analysis," Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. S72, March 2000.
S. A. Klein, D. Garcia, and B. A. Barsky, "Problems with representing wavefront aberrations, and solutions," Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. S105, March 2000.
B. A. Barsky, S. A. Klein, and D. Garcia, "Gaussian power with cylinder vector field representation for corneal topography maps <http://cornea.berkeley.edu/pubs/110.pdf>," Optometry and Vision Science, vol. 74, no. 11, pp. 917-925, Nov. 1997. [abstract <https://www2.eecs.berkeley.edu/deptinfo?pubinfo&format=abstract&minihead&pubid=8964>]
S. A. Klein and B. A. Barsky, "Method for generating the anterior surface of an aberration-free contact lens for an arbitrary posterior surface," Optometry and Vision Science, vol. 72, no. 11, pp. 816-820, Nov. 1995.