[visionlist] Job: ML Researcher in new Start-up to change retail experience (UK)

Patricia Perez pat_perez at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 26 18:25:26 -04 2020

We are looking for a Research Engineer - Deep Learning to join SmartFit. We are a dynamic new start-up and are extremely flexible in terms of schedule or location: you can work remote, full or part time.

Who or What are we?
Our mission is to change how retail works through applying computer vision and deep learning.  This will disrupt and improve the way people shop. We are a team supported by leading academics in the field of AI and innovation strategy but also by visionaries in the world of business. We are driven by a desire to improve consumer experience and the whole value chain through sustainable production and wastage reduction.

What you will do?
This is really an exciting opportunity to join a start-up and make the job your own. You will be one of the first employees and be a key member of our research team. You will work closely with one of our founders, a Research Fellow in AI at the University of Oxford.

You will have the opportunity to make your mark in a new area, shape its potential of creating your own team. You will train in state-of-the-art Machine Learning models and methods. The aim will be to find ways to apply machine learning to create exciting products and breakthrough experiences.

  *   Design and implement machine learning and computer vision solutions
  *   Develop deep architectures and optimization techniques for cutting-edge solutions
  *   Write production software
  *   Learn new techniques and stay on the cutting edge
  *   Introduce major innovations that can lead to new product features or new areas of business
  *   Write, maintain, and develop Python machine learning modules

Our wish list:

  *   You are willing to learn and are excited in joining a start-up and discovering how things work
  *   You have a Master level or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or similar disciplines
  *   You have an excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms with strong emphasis on deep learning
  *   You are experience with common machine learning toolkits, such as Python (preferable), R and/or Java, excellence in at least one of these is essential for the position
  *   You have a minimum three years of demonstrable practical experience working with machine learning algorithms

Interested?
We would love to hear from you. Please send your CV to Patricia at Team.SmartFit at outlook.com