[visionlist] Job Announcement: Researcher Associate position at DeepCamera group RISE Ltd
a.artusi at rise.org.cy
Fri Aug 7 07:15:50 -04 2020
We have a job opening at the DeepCamera group at RISE Ltd, here is the full description and feel free to contact me if interested.
The Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart System and Emerging Technologies – RISE (www.rise.org.cy) is a newly founded research centre of excellence in Nicosia, Cyprus. RISE is a significant investment supported by the European Commission, the Republic of Cyprus and its founding Partners, the Municipality of Nicosia, Max Planck, University College London, the University of Cyprus, the Cyprus University of Technology and the Open University of Cyprus. The DeepCamera MRG (DeepCamera MRG) will target research on the intersection areas of Image Processing, Computer Vision, Computer Graphics and Color Science while using deep-learning. In particular, through the use of deep-learning approaches such as but not limited CNN, GAEN, LSTM, Autoencoder, reinforcement and continuous learning you will be developing the next generation of algorithms that will make cameras smarter.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to conduct applied research in the aforementioned areas. The position holder will also participate in the preparation of research proposals for funding, project reports and deliverables, and travel abroad for dissemination activities. Furthermore, position holders should publish/present their research results in prestigious international conferences and journals and contribute to the research centre’s key performance indicators. Candidates with experience only on AI-deep-learning are welcome; however, they should be willing to learn also concepts coming from the Imaging and Computer Vision research fields.
The successful candidate will work under the supervision of the Team Leader of the DeepCamera MRG Dr Alessandro Artusi.
* Postgraduate degree in a relevant field (e.g. Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Image Processing, Computer Vision, Computer Graphics, Color Science, AI-Deep-learning, Mathematics) from an accredited institution
* Strong computer programming skills (e.g. C/C++, Pyhton, Matlab) is a must
* Knowledge of Deep-learning and usage of one of the existing Deep-learning environments (e.g. Keras, Tensorflow, Pytorch etc.) is a must
* High-impact research publications on relevant topics (a must for PhD holders/an advantage for non-PhD holders)
* Previous experience with embedded systems, i.e., Jetson Nvidia module, is considered an advantage
* Previous grant-writing experience is considered an advantage
* Previous relevant industrial experience will be considered an advantage
* Excellent knowledge of English language
* For non-EU applicants a work permit will be required.
Benefits A very attractive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidate according to qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates should submit the following items via email to vacancies at rise.org.cy and to a.artusi at rise.org.cy<mailto:a.artusi at rise.org.cy>, using the Email subject line: "Application: Research Associate(s) DeepCamera"
1. A cover letter which clearly specifies (i) employment availability date, (ii) part-time and/or full-time availability and (iii) rationale on why you think you would be a good fit for the position within the DeepCamera MRG
2. Description of their academic and research experiences as well as any relevant industrial experience where applicable (500 words maximum)
3. A detailed CV
4. Copies of degree certificates (MSc/PhD)
5. Two representative publications (if applicable)
6. Contact details of two referees, either two University professors or one University professor and one industry referee.
Note that if you previously applied for a post at RISE, a new application is required.
Deadline: Position open until filled.
For general inquiries, applicants may contact the HR Department of the Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart Systems and Emerging Technologies at vacancies at rise.org.cy<mailto:vacancies at rise.org.cy>
The applicants may address any technical or research related inquiries to the DeepCamera MRG team leader Dr Alessandro Artusi at a.artusi at rise.org.cy
All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist