[visionlist] Research Postgraduate Study Opportunities in PolyU School of Optometry
SO RPg [SO]
so.rpg at polyu.edu.hk
Mon Aug 17 02:39:22 -04 2020
The School of Optometry (SO) of The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU) is now inviting high calibre students to apply for our full-time Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) and Master of Philosophy (MPhil) studies. The application period for admission in 2021-22 starts on 1 September 2020.
PolyU is a world-class research university, ranking among the world's top 100 institutions. With our research focus on myopia and the ageing eye, SO is home to a dynamic team of academic staff whose research wins accolades and grants both locally and internationally and is published in many leading scientific journals. Our academic staff prepare students to become well-trained researchers, healthcare practitioners and scholars.
In SO, our research postgraduate (RPg) students are immersed in an excellent environment with state-of-the-art research laboratories and facilities, including the Centre for Myopia Research, Optometry Research Clinic, Visual Neuroscience Laboratory, Future Optometry Laboratory, Ocular Anatomy Laboratory, mass spectrometer and so on.
Attractive scholarships and studentships are offered to eligible full-time research postgraduate students, along with funding support for conducting their research and attending conferences during their studies. Full-time PhD applicants are strongly encouraged to submit an application to the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS) with the application deadline on 1 December 2020 at 12:00 noon (Hong Kong Time) and will concurrently be considered for admission via other studentship schemes.
To apply for our RPg programmes, we advise applicants to find out more about the research interests of our School and contact our academic staff directly to discuss research opportunities and jointly formulate a proposal. We accept applications via our e-Admission system (http://www.polyu.edu.hk/admission). Shortlisted applicants will be invited for presentations and interviews to be held between December 2020 and January 2021.
For details about our RPg programmes, scholarships and studentships, please visit:
* SO RPg programmes: https://www.polyu.edu.hk/so/prospective.php?lang=en&pageid=854&dispmode=1
* SO academic staff profiles: https://www.polyu.edu.hk/so/index.php?lang=en&pageid=321&dispmode=1
* Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS): https://www.polyu.edu.hk/ro/hkphd-fellowship/en/
* PolyU Research Studentship: http://www51.polyu.edu.hk/eprospectus/rpg/research-studentships
* PolyU Teaching Postgraduate Studentship (TPS) Scheme: http://www51.polyu.edu.hk/eprospectus/rpg/teaching-postgraduate-studentship-scheme
* PolyU International Postgraduate Scholarships (by university nomination): http://www51.polyu.edu.hk/eprospectus/rpg/scholarships
* Belt and Road Scholarship (Research Postgraduate) (by university nomination): https://www.edb.gov.hk/en/edu-system/postsecondary/local-higher-edu/publicly-funded-programmmes/scholarship.html
If you want to know more details, please contact our School by email (so.rpg at polyu.edu.hk<mailto:so.rpg at polyu.edu.hk>).
This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and notify the sender and The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (the University) immediately. Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
The University specifically denies any responsibility for the accuracy or quality of information obtained through University E-mail Facilities. Any views and opinions expressed are only those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent those of the University and the University accepts no liability whatsoever for any losses or damages incurred or caused to any party as a result of the use of such information.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist