[visionlist] PhD studies in virtual reality

Alen Hajnal Alen.Hajnal at usm.edu
Fri Sep 11 16:32:16 -04 2020

Dear VisionList members:

The Perception Action Cognition (PAC) Lab is looking for new graduate students for a starting date of August 2021.

Current research topics include virtual reality, affordances, postural stability, fractality of motor behavior.

What I am looking for in a graduate student is a dedicated, highly motivated person with excellent quantitative and behavioral statistics skills. Minimally, I require from the candidate to express the willingness to learn some of the essential computing tools such as MATLAB, R, and others. Our lab works with Oculus Rift VR systems and Pupil Labs eye trackers. We also have a 5-camera VICON motion capture system, a 3D printer and 3D scanner.

The successful applicant will receive a full paid assistantship (with a tuition waiver and monthly stipend) that is renewable every year for 4 years.

The deadline for applications is March 1, 2021. As part of the application package we require the submission of official university transcripts, TOEFL (for international applicants), statement of research interests, and 3 recommendation letters. GRE is not required, due to the COVID-19 crisis.

Submit an application to the Brain and Behavior PhD program here:

https://www.usm.edu/graduate-admissions/index.php#apply<https://www.usm.edu/graduate-admissions/index.php>

For a comprehensive list of research publications, please check out my google scholar profile:

http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=c9bakr4AAAAJ&hl=en

For recent publications, check out these links:

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/1747021820943757?journalCode=qjpd

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0212220

Alen Hajnal, PhD.
Associate Professor
<https://www.usm.edu/brain-and-behavior>Coordinator of Brain and Behavior PhD Program<https://www.usm.edu/graduate-programs/psychology-brain-behavior.php>
Perception Action Cognition Lab<https://sites.google.com/view/paclab>
School of Psychology
University of Southern Mississippi
[cid:2c4b3003-3b5c-4953-85e0-8611e995ee63]
<https://sites.google.com/view/paclab>