[visionlist] Postdoc position on deep learning for 3D scene understanding from images - IIT GENOVA - ITALY
Pavis at iit.it
Mon Sep 14 08:11:46 -04 2020
Postdoc position on deep learning for 3D scene understanding from images - IIT GENOVA - ITALY
The Pattern Analysis and Computer Vision (PAVIS) Research Line at Fondazione Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia - IIT invites qualified candidates to submit their applications for a Postdoc position in Genoa, Italy under the supervision of Dr. Alessio Del Bue.
PAVIS Research Line is actively developing an Artificial Intelligence (AI) infrastructure to understand our physical space and the human behaviors within it. The focus of the group is on creating intelligent systems that jointly accomplish two main goals:
- Spatial AI: Perceive and understand autonomously the real physical world, both static and dynamic, with its corresponding spatial semantic (where are things, what is their function, which is the dynamic of the scene).
- Social AI: Perceive and understand humans and their behaviors as observed by cameras in relation to the physical spaces they are interacting with.
The selected candidate will work on dynamic 3D scene understanding with topics related to semantic simultaneous localisation and mapping (S-SLAM) and semantic structure from motion (S-SfM). Research in PAVIS will push forward these activities developing computational methods for geometric and semantic understanding in challenging dynamic and non-rigid environments. The key aspect of the research carried at PAVIS will focus on the fusion of state of the art deep architectures and graph neural networks with 3D reasoning from multi-view images or RGBD data.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field (with specialization in either computer vision, machine learning and related fields);
- Proficiency with programming languages, in particular Python, C/C++ and MATLAB;
- Experience on multi-view geometry approaches and SLAM for sparse and dense 3D reconstruction;
- Publication in major Computer Vision conferences/journals (e.g. CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, TPAMI, IJCV, IVC, CVIU);
- Good communication skills and ability to cooperate;
- Proficient in English language (written and oral).
- Practical experience on Deep Learning algorithms and relevant platforms for geometric learning (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.);
- Knowledge of OpenCV, PCL and Open3D libraries;
- Experience of graph structure applications e.g. scene graph estimation, matching, retrieval or inference.
The salary offered to the successful candidate will be commensurate to experience and skills.
The call will remain open until the position is filled but a first deadline for evaluation of candidates will be October 9, 2020.
Please submit your application using the online form https://iit.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=2000002W and including a detailed CV, a one-page research statement and contact information of two referees.
In case of further information, you may contact pavis at iit.it quoting “CB 77562 - PAVIS Postdoc Position on dynamic scene understanding” in the e-mail subject.
Fondazione Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia - IIT - was founded with the objective of promoting Italy’s technological development and further education in science and technology. In this sense, IIT is committed to achieving its scientific program, which sees a major inspirational principle in the integration between basic scientific research and the development of technical applications. Research activities at IIT cover areas of high innovative content, representing the most advanced frontiers of modern technology with wide application possibilities in various fields from medicine to industry, from computer science to robotics, life sciences and nanobiotechnology.
Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively seeks diversity in the workforce.
Please note that the data that you provide will be used exclusively for the purpose of professional profiles’ evaluation and selection, and in order to meet the requirements of Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia.
Your data will be processed by Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, based in Genoa, Via Morego 30, acting as Data Controller, in compliance with the rules on protection of personal data, including those related to data security.
Please also note that, pursuant to articles 15 et. seq. of European Regulation no. 679/2016 (General Data Protection Regulation), you may exercise your rights at any time by contacting the Data Protection Officer (phone +39 010 71781 - email: dpo[at]iit.it).
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist