[visionlist] covid and data collection
a.karabay at rug.nl
Fri Oct 16 10:37:08 -04 2020
We are collecting data for about 2.5 months at the University of Groningen
(Netherlands). There are Covid-19 regulations which we take seriously. I
list some of them below:
* If possible, do an online study.
* Always keep the distance from the participant
* Masks are a must for both participant and researcher
* There should be air circulation in the experimental rooms; if no air
circulation possible, we keep the doors open at least one hour after
participants leave the room.
* Researcher and participant washes hands before participating
* No students can collect data - only Ph.D., postdocs, and senior
* If being physically close to the participant is necessary (EEG or
pupillometry experiments), it has to be done with caution.
* All keyboards, mouses and other equipment has to be cleaned with alcohol
* Participants do self-corona checks - we send e-mail one day before the
participation- if they have even a single symptom, they are advised not to
So far, we survived :)
On Fri, Oct 16, 2020 at 4:23 PM Joe MacInnes <macinnes.j at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> Just curious how everyone is dealing with data collection during this
> new wave of covid cases. I've managed to postpone most data
> collection until now, but I'm starting to feel the crunch on a couple
> of projects (including a revise and resubmit insisting on extra data).
> I have seen guidelines on how to minimize risk, but is there really a
> safe pathway for data collection at the moment? Our university is
> still open but requires temperature checks at the entrance and masks
> at all times. I have gauze for the headrest and cleaning material for
> the experiment room after every subject. I can additionally wait 45
> minutes between subjects.
> Even with all these measures, I still feel like the only 100% solution
> is to postpone. Thoughts? advice?
> visionlist mailing list
> visionlist at visionscience.com
University of Groningen
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist