[visionlist] JOB - SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER - COMPUTER VISION - OXFORD, UK

Duncan McKay duncan at aistetic.com
Tue Oct 20 15:27:52 -04 2020

***AISTETIC - OXFORD SPINOUT - SOFTWARE ENGINEER JOB***

We are a University of Oxford Spinout, applying state of the art computer
vision and deep learning to the real world problems associated with
shopping for clothes online.

We’re building an innovative ecommerce platform, applying computer vision
and deep tech to clothing. With world-class founders from leading academic
institutions and companies, we are a team that is on mission to disrupt and
improve how everyone shops for clothes.

Aistetic was founded with a clear purpose: to make tailoring accessible to
more people wherever they are. And our mission is to do so sustainably,
reducing waste, and encouraging a more sustainable approach to clothing.

Our innovation partners are the University of Oxford, Innovate UK, & OxLep.
We are part of the Digital Catapult's Machine Intelligence Garage and Data
Market Services Accelerator (EU Horizon 2020).

***WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?***

We’re looking for a world-class senior software engineer in computer vision
and deep learning. You’ll be a hands on, creative problem solver with the
technical skills and hunger to build a novel technology solution. As one of
the first employees, you will have an opportunity to shape Aistetic. You’ll
be a vital member of our team leading the commercial coding and development
of our state of the art algorithm and model working with our 1st retail
customer.  You’ll be used to and enjoy working with large data sets, agile
processes, customer involvement, and frequent technical and consumer
testing. You’ll launch, run and monitor our development, working closely
with our team of engineers (computer vision and full stack) and a
University of Oxford post-doctoral researcher to deliver accuracy, features
and performance.

***REQUIREMENTS***

- You’re fluent in Python and may have experience in C++, PyTorch,
Tensorflow, OpenCV, MATLAB
- You have experience and/or education (BSc/MSc/PhD) in Computer Vision,
Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Computer
Graphics, Design & Analysis of Algorithms
- You have experience in 3D reconstruction (especially dense 3D
reconstruction from images)
- You have hands on software engineering experience in a fast-moving and
innovative industry
- You are curious to learn, go straight in, enjoy getting stuff done and
discovering how things work
- You’re excited about being part of a high performing, self-organising
team on a pioneering mission
- You are collaborative and able to translate technology into robust
commercial solutions
- You want to shape the future of clothes purchasing and are passionate
about delivering sustainable solutions

*** BONUS SKILLS***

- Experience with GCP, AWS, or a similar cloud platform
- A working knowledge of Linux build tools, with experience across the full
software development lifecycle
- An appreciation of solutions architecture and enterprise software
requirements
- Start-up experience

***BENEFITS***

- Join a fast paced start up on a mission to build the solution and future
of retail shopping
- Benefit from working closely with our founders who have previously run
large businesses, launched successful innovation and started tech companies
- Work closely with world-class engineers, researchers at the University of
Oxford’s Torr Vision Group http://www.robots.ox.ac.uk/~tvg/
- Have an immediate impact on a smart, growing, low-ego multi-cultural team
- Grow with us as we scale up whilst delivering meaningful work that really
matters
- Enjoy a tailored rewards package including a competitive salary, with
private health insurance, bike, gym membership, pension and equity
incentive scheme as reward options to choose from
- Additional benefits: Oxford location, free tea, coffee, fruit and monthly
team lunches & dinners
- Aistetic has a Coronavirus Workplace Policy: all employees are currently
working from home. This will be reviewed and maintained in accordance with
government and public health guidance to reduce the risk to our people’s
health

Aistetic is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting
and retaining a complementary team of employees and building an inclusive
environment for all.

Please email philip.torr at eng.ox.ac.uk with your cv telling us why you would
like to join us.