[visionlist] ACCV 2020 Registration is Open

Ryo Yonetani yonetani at iis.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Wed Oct 28 08:08:37 -04 2020

Please Accept our Apology for Multiple Posting.

We invite you to register to attend ACCV 2020.
http://accv2020.kyoto

The main conference will take place from Nov. 30th to Dec. 2nd and
workshops and tutorials will be held on Dec. 3rd.
We will also have an extra day for free interaction on Dec. 4th.

This year, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the conference is held
completely online, but the ACCV 2020 team promises you an engaging
and fruitful conference experience.
Thanks to our sponsors, we have managed to keep the registration fee
low at *2,500 JP Yen* (roughly 25 US Dollars, 20 Euros, and 160 RMB).
You will have a chance to learn at your pace about cutting-edge research and
also directly interact with authors of a total of 255 papers
(63 oral presentations and 192 poster presentations).

This year, we were able to accept 33% of 768 valid submissions that
are of particularly high quality as you can see in the paper list and program:
http://accv2020.kyoto/programs/papers/
http://accv2020.kyoto/programs/sessions/

Each paper will have a dedicated page with
* Pre-recorded talk video with synchronized slides (SlidesLive)
* Chat panel for asynchronous interaction with authors and fellow
attendees (RocketChat)
* Live interaction sessions with authors at two pre-determined time
slots (Sococo)

Each paper’s authors will hold two live sessions on Sococo, a platform
that allows you to freely go in and out of rooms designated for
individual oral and
poster presentations while seeing who’s where (unlike blindly jumping
into a zoom room).
The time slots are carefully chosen so that every attendee from any
timezone will
(hopefully) have at least one chance to interact with the authors of
every paper.

We have worked hard to reproduce a virtual Kyoto on Sococo, where you
can talk to authors, get together with your colleagues sitting next to
famous temples,
and also network with our sponsors who have made all these possible.

We will soon publish teaser videos and a program spreadsheet for
download so that you can plan ahead for ACCV 2020 in this exciting new format.

We look forward to seeing you in virtual Kyoto soon! Follow us on
Twitter for regular updates.
https://twitter.com/accv2020

Ko Nishino, Akihiro Sugimoto, Hiromi Tanaka
ACCV General Chairs