[visionlist] Fully-funded industry-partnered PhD in computer vision and IoT for microbial image analysis (Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne, Australia)

Christopher McCarthy cdmccarthy at swin.edu.au
Thu Nov 26 18:21:01 -04 2020

We are seeking a suitable PhD candidate for an exciting industry-partnered (and fully-funded!) PhD project, to be hosted here at Swinburne University of Technology, in Melbourne  Australia, tackling real world health and safety challenges in the agricultural sector through innovations in deep learning, computer vision and Internet-of-Things.

We are looking for someone with a degree in computer science or related field from a reputable university, and with demonstrable experience with deep learning methods (particularly with respect to image recognition), strong software development skills, and excellent written and verbal communication. A track-record of previously conducted independent research is certainly a plus.

The project is ready to start immediately, and so the candidate would need to be ready and able to enrol soon.  The successful candidate can begin their candidature remotely, and join us on campus as travel restrictions ease.

If yo, or someone you know might fit this description, please send an email along with CV and any relevant academic transcripts to Chris McCarthy (cdmccarthy at swin.edu.au)

Many thanks,
Chris

Dr Chris McCarthy
Senior Lecturer
School Director of Engagement
Work-Integrated Learning Coordinator

Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering
School of Software and Electrical Engineering
Faculty of Science, Engineering and Technology
Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne, Australia

Email: cdmccarthy at swin.edu.au
Phone: +61 3 9214 8927
Office: EN508e

Note: I work off-site Mondays  and Wednesdays