[visionlist] The Skin of Things 2021

Maarten Wijntjes - IO M.W.A.Wijntjes at tudelft.nl
Tue Dec 8 10:44:09 -04 2020

Dear Colleagues,

From 15 to 19 March 2021 we will organise the second edition of The Skin of Things - a multidisciplinary gathering centred around the perception and depiction of materials. Just like many other conferences we will go on-line, with some regret as the previous Skin of Things was such a nice social event in and around the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam.

To accommodate this melancholia, we thought of something to make up. Besides being a stage to share (almost) finished work we also invite to share preliminary ideas and work. If you are willing to join and contribute to these ‘Appetizers’, we promise to organize a ‘Grande Bouffe’ when the time comes to meet physically.

Besides looking back and looking forward, we also look sideways by programming exciting contributions from different perspectives. We aim to create a program that includes many different disciplines and views.

Visit the website https://theskinofthings2021.github.io <https://theskinofthings2021.github.io/> for more info. Be aware that the submission deadline is rather soon (15 januari). Feel free to contact me if you have questions of any kind.

Sincerely,
Maarten Wijntjes