[visionlist] Postdoctoral Fellow Position in scRNA-seq data analysis using Machine Learning and Research Fellow Positions

Siamak Yousefi syousefy at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 14:17:20 -04 2020

Data Mining and Machine Learning (DM2L) laboratory is looking for motivated
and talented individuals in the following areas:

A postdoctoral fellow in single-cell RNA-Sequencing (scRNA-seq) data
analysis. Preferably a computer scientist, computer engineer, or data
scientist who has the experience of working with scRNA-seq data,
particularly, Seurat package or Cell Ranger. The single-cell study is a
2-year project in collaboration with Robert Williams, the chairman of the
Department of Genetics, Genomics, and Informatics (GGI), where the
candidate will be maily working with Siamak Yousefi and Robert Williams.
This position is available *immediately* and we look for the candidate to
join us as soon as possible, preferably in January 2021.

Two Research Fellows in Ophthalmology (e.g., Glaucoma, Retina, Cornea, …).
These are non-paid research positions better fit to international medical
students/residents/fellows in Ophthalmology who are looking to conduct
research in the US to be matched in Ophthalmology residency/fellowship
programs in future. We are looking for those with past Ophthalmology
research and highly (self-)motivated in publishing numerous papers each
year while interacting with clinical faculty here at the Hamilton Eye
Institute (HEI). Those with MPH degrees or any exposure to statistical
models, data analysis, or MPH programs are highly preferred.

*About DM2L*

Since the establishment of DM2L, we have published >40 peer-reviewed
journal articles, conference papers, and abstracts in different
applications of AI in vision and ophthalmology over the past 3 years with
~12 articles in 2020 only. We have published in well-respected
ophthalmology journals including Ophthalmology, JAMA Ophthalmology,
American Journal of Ophthalmology, The Ocular Surface, PLOS One, IOVS,
TVST, and have published in Engineering and Computer Science venues such as
IEEE Transactions and Conferences, KDD, and CVPR.

Our team have been invited as guest speakers, moderators, or co-organizers
of numerous Ophthalmology and Engineering venues including The Glaucoma
Foundation, Asia-Pacific Glaucoma Congress (APGC), International Society
for Eye Research (ISER), Iranian Society of Ophthalmology (IRSO), and
Indian Conference on Computer Vision, Graphics, and Image Processing
(ICVGIP). Since 2019, DM2L has received multiple NIH/NEI and Bright Focus
awards total over $1.1M to develop AI models applied in Vision and
Ophthalmology. DM2L laboratory is working on a wide range of machine
learning techniques applied on a broad spectrum of eye conditions. We work
on deep learning, manifold learning, conventional machine learning,
unsupervised machine learning, and statistical learning to address
glaucoma, AMD, keratoconus, keratoplasty, and uveitis.

https://uthsc.edu/faculty/profile/?netid=syousef1

Please contact Siamak Yousefi, siamak.yousefi at uthsc.edu if you are
interested in any of the advertised positions.