[visionlist] [Vacancy][Lecturer][UK] 4 Lecturer (Assistant Professor) posts Aston University, Birmingham, UK

Schofield, Andrew a.schofield at aston.ac.uk
Mon Jan 4 09:34:14 -04 2021

I am pleased to forward the job advertisement below for 4 open contract Lecturer posts (Assistant Professor equivalent) noting the inclusion of sensory systems in the profile and the excellent VR and neuroimaging facilities available.

=======

The School of Psychology at Aston University (Birmingham, UK) is seeking to appoint 4 Lecturers to contribute to, develop and enhance the research and teaching activities of the school independently, and as part of a team, through professional practice and expertise.

The School of Psychology forms part of the College of Health and Life Sciences and the Institute of Health and Neurodevelopment. Our world-class research facilities include:

  *   Family friendly Neuropsychology Assessment Labs.
  *   The Aston Nutrition and Behaviour Laboratory (ANBL), which includes dedicated kitchen facilities, a child friendly observation room with Tracksys multi perspective observation system and Observer software including Facereader.
  *   An ensuite sleep laboratory.
  *   The Aston Laboratory for Immersive Virtual Environments (ALIVE) with a dedicated VR facility that includes the world's largest rectilinear CAVE, a Vicon 12 camera motion capture lab, omnidirectional treadmills, driving simulator, and various head-mounted displays.
  *   The Aston Neuroimaging Facilities (ANF) including a 3T MRI, 306 Channel MEG various EEG systems, Magstim TMS system (single-pulse, repetitive), and a Starstim HD tES-EEG system.

In particular we are seeking applications from candidates who can complement our existing expertise in: neuro-development; health and well-being; cognition, language, and/or sensory systems. We encourage applications from candidates who can bridge two or more of these themes, and would welcome applicants who conduct translational or applied research as part of their activities.

Candidates may be in the early stages of their academic career but should demonstrate an established track record of research excellence and publications appropriate for their stage. Candidates should also possess a track record in securing research funding, or the potential to attract such funding, with a clear ambition to develop programmes of research that will be recognized internationally as excellent.

The successful candidate will join an open and inclusive group of Psychologists who deliver accredited undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in Psychology and should have some experience of undergraduate or postgraduate teaching.

Applicants are encouraged to contact the Head of Psychology, Professor Richard Tunney (r.tunney at aston.ac.uk)<mailto:r.tunney at aston.ac.uk)> for an informal discussion about the posts before applying.

Our web site at http://www.aston.ac.uk/lhs/ provides further details about the College of Health and Life Sciences, and the Institute of Health and Neurodevelopment (https://www2.aston.ac.uk/lhs/research/groups/aston-institute-of-health-and-neurodevelopment).

Please note: Redeployees will be given priority consideration for vacancies.
Further details:
Job Details<https://jobs.aston.ac.uk/Upload/vacancies/files/5496/R200392%20Job%20details%20-%20Lecturer%20in%20Psychology.pdf>     University Information<https://jobs.aston.ac.uk/Upload/vacancies/files/5496/Job%20Details%20AU%20and%20HLS.pdf>

Further particulars and application forms are available in alternative formats on request i.e. large print, Braille, tape or CD Rom.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact HR via recruitment at aston.ac.uk<mailto:recruitment at aston.ac.uk>

Best wishes
Andrew
Everybodys work pattern is different. It sometimes suits me to send e-mails ot of hours but I don't expect and immediate reply

Andrew Schofield
Reader in Psychology
[http://static.aston.ac.uk/emails/sigs/au-tef-2020.png]
School of Psychology