[visionlist] Data Scientist Position in Bioinformatics and Neuroscience at Boston University
jerchen at bu.edu
Wed Jan 6 23:50:41 -04 2021
The Lab of Jerry Chen at Boston University is hiring a Staff-Level Data Scientist to be involved in several multi-year BRAIN Initiative related NIH and NSF funded projects. These projects focus on understanding cortical computation during behavior by combining behavior, genomics, spatial transcriptomics, anatomical reconstructions, and large-scale population recordings. This person will be involved in help to analyze experimental data, developing software tools to aid in the data analysis, and helping with data infrastructure and management.
Specific Projects include:
1. Analysis of genomic data.
2. Image analysis for in situ sequencing of gene expression (ie. spatial transcriptomics)
3. Automated behavioral training and video analysis.
4. Analysis of dense electron microscope reconstructions of neuronal connectivity (ie. Connectomics).
* BA/BS degree (MS/PhD preferred) in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Bioinformatics, Neuroscience or related technical field.
* One to three years of academic or professional experience.
* Programming experience in MATLAB, Python, and R is required.
* Extensive background in either genomic analysis, image analysis, computer vision, or machine learning is preferred.
If interested in applying, please submit a CV along with 3 references to jerry at chen-lab.org<https://email@example.com>
Jerry Chen, PhD.
Department of Biology
jerry at chen-lab.org<mailto:jerry at chen-lab.org>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist