[visionlist] ISMAR 2021 - First Call for Journal Papers
cperey at perey.com
Tue Jan 26 10:09:39 -04 2021
### Apologies for Cross-Posting ###
IEEE INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON MIXED AND AUGMENTED REALITY
October 4 to 8, 2021
This year IEEE ISMAR, similar to IEEE VR, will have two separate Calls for Papers:
1. This first call is for submission to the TVCG journal paper track.
The accepted papers will be published in a special issue of IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics (TVCG).
2. The second call for papers will be for submission to the conference proceedings.
The conference track call for papers and timeline will be published at a later date.
The conference track submission deadline will occur soon after the journal track notification.
● Abstract Deadline: 7th March 2021 (23:59 AoE)
● Paper Submission Deadline: 15th Mar 2021 (23:59 AoE)
● Notification: 21st May 2021
● Camera-ready Version: 5th July 2021
ISMAR 2021, the premier conference for Augmented Reality (AR) and Mixed Reality (MR) will be held on October 4-8 in Bari, Italy.
ISMAR is responding to the recent explosion of commercial and research activities related to AR and MR and VR by continuing the expansion of its scope over the past several years. ISMAR 2021 will cover the full range of technologies from interfaces in the real world to fully immersive experiences. This range goes far beyond the traditional definition of AR, which focused on precise 3D tracking, visual display, and real-time performance. We specifically invite contributions to advancing all AR / MR / VR technology.
● This call for journal papers is available on the ISMAR 2021 web site https://ismar21.org/call-for-journal-papers/
● All submissions are made via ISMAR section on the PCS system https://new.precisionconference.com/ismar
● All Journal Papers submissions should be formatted using the IEEE Computer Society TVCG journal format described at http://junctionpublishing.org/vgtc/Tasks/camera_tvcg.html
● Submission guidelines are available on https://ismar21.org/submission-guidelines/
Submissions may be up to 9 pages with an additional 2 pages of references. Accepted papers will be directly published in a special issue of IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics (TVCG).
● All accepted papers will be orally presented at the ISMAR conference.
● All accepted papers will have the opportunity to be presented as a demo.
● All accepted papers will have the opportunity to be presented as a poster.
● All accepted papers will be archived in the IEEE Xplore digital library.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
All topics relevant to and advancing AR, MR and VR are of interest. VR papers are welcome regardless of their relevance to AR/MR. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
● Artificial intelligence
● Camera and projector-camera calibration
● Collaborative interfaces
● Computer vision
● Content creation / authoring and content management
● Conversational and speech interfaces
● Display technologies (e.g., eyewear, smart watches, projectors)
● Diversity and inclusivity issues
● Ethical issues
● Ergonomics and human factors
● Haptic and tactile interfaces, wearable haptics, passive haptics, pseudo haptics
● Human augmentations
● Human-computer interaction
● Immersive visual analytics
● Localization, spatial registration and tracking
● Locomotion and navigation techniques
● Machine learning
● Mediated and diminished reality
● Multimodal input and output
● Omnidirectional, 360, immersive videos
● Presence, body ownership, and agency
● Real-time performance issues
● Rendering techniques
● Sensor fusion
● Spatial audio, auditory perception and psychoacoustics
● Spatial AR, projection mapping, projector-camera systems
● System architectures, distributed and online systems
● Touch, tangible and gesture interfaces
● Technology acceptance and social implications
● Teleoperation and telepresence
● User experience, usability studies and human-subjects experiments
● Video processing and streaming
● VR simulations of AR/MR
● Visual effects / video processing
● Virtual humans and avatars
● Visualization techniques
● AR/MR/VR applications from domains include, but not limited to:
○ Art, cultural heritage, education and training
○ Automotive and aerospace
○ Entertainment, sports broadcast
○ Health, wellbeing, and medical applications
○ Industrial, military, emergency response
○ Therapy and rehabilitation
ISMAR 2021 Science & Technology Journal Papers Chairs
journal_chairs at ismar21.org
More information about the visionlist