[visionlist] Scientist position at the Allen Institute: Functional Roles of Transcriptomically Defined Cell Types

Anton Arkhipov antona at alleninstitute.org
Tue Feb 2 19:21:32 -04 2021

A new exciting opportunity is open at the Allen Institute (Seattle, WA):

Scientist I – Functional Roles of Transcriptomically Defined Cell Types
https://alleninstitute.hrmdirect.com/employment/job-opening.php?req=1500542

The scientist will join a new collaborative project at the Allen Institute, co-lead by Drs. Anton Arkhipov and Saskia de Vries. The position reports to Dr. Arkhipov.

In this project, we perform calcium imaging of neural activity in the visual cortex of awake mice, followed by in situ characterization of the genes expressed in these neurons. The Scientist will carry out computational analyses to study the relationships between the transcriptomic cell types and the types of functional visual responses.

This is a highly challenging, uncharted area of data analysis. We are looking for an excellent computational scientist who will advance the knowledge and analysis methods at this cutting edge of science.

Join us to investigate one of the most fundamental questions in neuroscience – how the transcriptomic cell types are related to the types of functional neuronal responses in vivo!

See details and apply here:
https://alleninstitute.hrmdirect.com/employment/job-opening.php?req=1500542

Anton Arkhipov
Associate Investigator