[visionlist] OPAM Call for Organizers 2021-2022

OPAM Conference opam.info at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 11:23:54 -04 2021

******************************** OPAM 2021 ********************************

29th Annual Workshop on Object Perception, Attention, and Memory

http://www.opam.net/

November 17, 2021 in San Diego, California, USA

Dear OPAMers,

The deadline to apply to be an OPAM organizer is in less than a week! To
ensure full consideration, all interested candidates should have their
supervisor or another researcher who knows them well submit their
nominations by the end of this week.

As a reminder, we are seeking two new OPAM organizers for two-year terms
starting in 2021. Selection of organizers will be based on candidates’
experience and nomination letter, which should be sent to
opam.info at gmail.com by *February 28th, 2021*. Please include a link to the
candidate's website and CV in the nominations. Interested candidates are
encouraged to ask for one nomination from a researcher who knows them well.
If that person is not also the candidate's 2021 supervisor, we require a
short letter of approval from that person.

Criteria for the selection of OPAM organizers include the breadth and depth
of research experience and expertise in visual cognition (e.g., familiarity
with a broad range of object-processing literature), as well as
organizational and interpersonal skills. Preference is given to
early-career researchers without faculty positions at the time of
appointment, particularly postdoctoral researchers.

Excitement for graduate and postdoctoral research is required!

Thanks again to everyone who made OPAM 2020 such a success. Special thanks
to our sponsors, who keep OPAM free! Stay tuned for exciting announcements
about OPAM 2021 in the coming months.

Sincerely,

The OPAM 2020 organizers

Blaire Dube, Andrew Clement, Deborah Cronin, & Patrick Cox

*OPAM 2020 Sponsors*

Visual Cognition - https://www.tandfonline.com/toc/pvis20/current/

The Psychonomic Society - https://www.psychonomic.org/

University of California, Davis - https://visualcognition.ucdavis.edu/