[visionlist] 2 Postdoc positions on Computer Vision for scene understanding and social behaviour analysis (2100002Z)
Pavis at iit.it
Mon Mar 15 11:52:32 -04 2021
2 Postdoc positions on Computer Vision for scene understanding and social behaviour analysis (2100002Z)
Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, Genova, Italy
The Pattern Analysis and Computer Vision (PAVIS, https://pavis.iit.it) Research Line at Fondazione Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia - IIT invites qualified candidates to submit their applications for two Postdoc positions in Genoa, Italy under the supervision of Dr. Alessio Del Bue.
PAVIS mission is to research and deploy novel Artificial Intelligence (AI) systems to understand our 3D physical space and the human behaviours within it. The aim is to create assistive AI systems that can automatically react and support humans in their daily life by analysing and forecasting activities and their interaction with the environment. We work towards this goal by developing new Computer Vision and Machine (Deep) Learning methodologies that can be readily applied in realistic applications. PAVIS collaborates in EU-funded international research projects, as well with industrial partners.
Join a team of 30 international Researchers, Postdocs, Ph.D. and Engineers that enjoy working in cutting-edge Computer Vision and Machine Learning research topics. PAVIS infrastructure comprises a multi-modal sensor network (RGB, depth, event-based, thermal, lidar cameras) used for deploying AI systems for scene understanding and behavioural analysis and the availability of an HPC with 62 GPU nodes to run large scale training and deployment of ML models.
- Object 3D localization from multi-modal sensors;
- Estimation of human proxemics and behaviours from cameras;
- 2D/3D scene understanding using Graph Neural Networks;
- Integrating deep learning models with multi-view geometry reasoning;
- Semantic Simultaneous Localization and Mapping and Structure from Motion;
- Retrieval and Knowledge-based Computer Vision.
- PhD degree in Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Robotics or related fields;
- Relevant scientific track record on major computer vision conferences/journals (CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, TPAMI, IJCV, etc.);
- Experience in Deep Learning and GNN in particular;
- Good communication skills and ability to cooperate;
- Proficient in English language (written and oral).
Desired but not compulsory:
- Experience in multi-view geometry, 3D vision and scene understanding;
- Experience in tracking, multiple object detection and matching;
- Experience in deploying models on HPC platforms;
- Experience in collaborative software development;
- Good knowledge of tools like GIT and object-oriented programming languages like Python and/or C/C++;
- Experience in Linux operating system and familiarity with deep learning libraries and dependencies (CUDA, Pytorch, Pytorch3D, Tensorflow, Tensorflow3D).
Interested applicants should submit their application in electronic form at https://iit.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=2100002Z
The requested documentation includes: a detailed curriculum vitae outlining experience and qualifications, a cover letter explaining your interest in PAVIS and your research interests, publication list or Google Scholar profile, names and contact details of 2 referees (Deadline April 12th, 2021).
The successful candidate will be offered a highly competitive salary which will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Fondazione Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia - IIT - was founded with the objective of promoting Italy’s technological development and further education in science and technology. In this sense, IIT is committed to achieving its scientific program, which sees a major inspirational principle in the integration between basic scientific research and the development of technical applications. Research activities at IIT cover areas of high innovative content, representing the most advanced frontiers of modern technology with wide application possibilities in various fields from medicine to industry, from computer science to robotics, life sciences and nanobiotechnology.
Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively seeks diversity in the workforce.
We inform you that the information you provide will be used solely for the purposes of evaluating and selecting professional profiles in order to meet the requirements of Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia.
Your data will be processed by Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, based in Genoa, Via Morego 30, acting as Data Controller, in compliance with the rules on protection of personal data, including those related to data security.
Please also note that, pursuant to articles 15 et. seq. of European Regulation no. 679/2016 (General Data Protection Regulation), you may exercise your rights at any time by contacting the Data Protection Officer (phone +39 010 71781 - email: dpo[at]iit.it
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist