[visionlist] Funded PhD position in modelling biological neuro-muscular control in dynamic locomotion with a link to biorobotics (Biomechanics / Biomedical Engineering / (Bio-)physics)

Compsens compsens at medizin.uni-tuebingen.de
Wed Mar 17 05:07:39 -04 2021

FUNDED PHD POSITION IN MODELLING BIOLOGICAL NEURO-MUSCULAR CONTROL IN
DYNAMIC LOCOMOTION WITH A LINK TO BIOROBOTICS (BIOMECHANICS /
BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING / (BIO-)PHYSICS)
We are currently seeking a highly motivated
PHD STUDENT (F/M/D)

WE OFFER
a FUNDED RESEARCHER POSITION FOR 36 MONTHS in our project
„Neuro-muscular contraction in dynamic locomotion“. The project has a
strong focus on basic research investigating the function of
biological muscles in locomotion and how to transfer important
characteristics to novel bio-inspired robotic systems. You will be
part of an interdisciplinary multi-center research group with muscle
physiology and biorobotics researchers in a team of at least three PhD
students. Your contribution will be focused on modelling and
simulation of neuro-muscular control.

Your contract should start in the first half of 2021. Salary will be
based on previous experience.

ABOUT US
You will become a member of the group /Multi-Level Modeling in Motor
Control and Rehabilitation Robotics/ at the Hertie Institute for
Clinical Brain Research (HIH) in Tübingen. The project is in
collaboration with the /Dynamic Locomotion Group/ at
Max-Planck-Institute for Intelligent Systems and the /Department of
Motion and Exercise Science /at the University of Stuttgart. Our joint
research environment offers an excellent research infrastructure and
outstanding graduate schools fostering the development of your career.

REQUIREMENTS, CORE SKILLS
The ideal candidate should have

   *   A background in BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING, (BIO-)PHYSICS,
COMPUTATIONAL NEUROSCIENCE, or closely related
   *   a Masters (or equivalent) degree from a recognized university.
Near completion can be considered;
   *   Prior knowledge in multi body dynamics modeling, dynamical
systems, system identification, learning, or optimization, is a plus;
   *   Proficient programming experience in Matlab, Python, or similar
   *   Prior experience with neuro-muscular or musculo-skeletal
modeling is a plus;
   *   Excellent grades and analytical skills;
   *   Proficient oral and written English skills;
   *   Outstanding candidates with different backgrounds are
encouraged to apply

To apply

The position is will remain open until filled. Applications sent
before March 21st will be prioritised.

Please send a Cover letter, CV, and transcript of records, along with
contact details of two researchers or teachers who would be willing to
write a letter of reference (we will contact them directly) to:
DANIEL.HAEUFLE at UNI-TUEBINGEN.DE[1]
HTTPS://WWW.HIH-TUEBINGEN.DE/EN/MOCOM/

I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR APPLICATION!
DANIEL HäUFLE

Links:
------
[1]