[visionlist] Postdoc in magnetic resonance elastography in the brain
rodmore at kth.se
Fri Mar 19 08:21:59 -04 2021
KTH Royal Institute of Technology (Stockholm, Sweden) is hiring a postdoc for 2 years.
Magnetic resonance elastography (MRE) in the brain is a technique of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in which mechanical properties of the brain tissue are estimated non-invasively. Currently, MRE reconstruction is challenging, especially for young people. Preliminary studies have shown that artificial intelligence (AI) is promising for improving MRE reconstruction. In this project, we aim at characterizing the mechanical properties of the brain through MRE in people between 9-15 years old and at correlating them with risk factors for developing anxiety disorders. Thus, the main tasks of the candidate will be:
* Participate in the optimization, acquisition, and processing of images of the subjects in the study.
* Develop novel AI-based MRE reconstruction methods for increasing both accuracy and computational efficiency aiming at our target population.
* Perform correlation analyses between mechanics, predictors of anxiety, and brain connectivity measurements estimated from diffusion MRI and resting-state functional MRI.
* Report the results in the form of scientific manuscripts.
This project is a collaboration between Associate Professors Rodrigo Moreno (rodmore at kth.se) from the Division of Biomedical Imaging at KTH and Armita Golkar (armita.golkar at psychology.su.se) from the Department of Psychology at Stockholm University and Karolinska Institute.
What we offer
* A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
* Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
* Works in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
* Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH<https://www.kth.se/en/om/work-at-kth/relocation>
* A multi-disciplinary environment that mixes engineers, psychologists, medical physicists and medical doctors. The groups conduct research in the frontier area of technology and medicine, focusing on technical development of new methods and improvement of existing methods for more efficient, safer and cheaper diagnostics, monitoring and treatment in health care. Both groups have strong collaborations with Karolinska University Hospital.
Read more about what it is like to work at KTH<https://www.kth.se/om/work-at-kth/kth-your-future-workplace-1.49050>
* A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline (With some exceptions for special reasons such as periods of sick or parental leave, kindly indicate if such reason exists in your resume).
* The candidate must have a strong background in at least one of the following areas: magnetic resonance elastography, neuroimaging, group-level statistical analysis of medical images,artificial intelligence/machine learning methods applied to medical images, or brain connectivity analysis.
* Proficiency in English orally and in writing is required to present and publish research results.
We prefer a candidate that
* Has good research qualifications
* Is familiar with image processing tools for neuroimaging
* Has good programming skills with libraries used for deep learning
* Can collaborate with professionals from diverse backgrounds
* Can work independently
* Can methodically organize and structure research data
* Is aware of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality.
Skills in oral Swedish language are not required but are meritorious.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competences.
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad. This is the link:
Postdoc in magnetic resonance elastography in the brain<https://www.kth.se/en/om/work-at-kth/lediga-jobb/what:job/jobID:387185/where:4/>
At KTH you will have the opportunity of bringing life to your ideas and, at the same time, contributing to tomorrow's society. Whatever position you have, you can take a lot of personal responsibility in a workplace that has a strong sense of fellowship.
The application must include:
* CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge. The most relevant papers for the position must be listed.
* Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
* Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Max two pages long.
* Contact information of two reference persons. We reserve the right to contact references only for selected candidates
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application (14 April, 2021), midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
Associate Professor, PhD, Docent
KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Department of Biomedical Engineering and Health Systems
SE-141 57 Huddinge, Stockholm, Sweden
Phone: +46 8790 9787
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist