[visionlist] Postdoc in machine learning for diffusion and functional MRI
rodmore at kth.se
Thu Apr 1 04:00:47 -04 2021
Postdoc in Image processing of high-dimensional brain imaging data (2 years)
The Department of Biomedical Engineering and Health Systems at KTH is recruiting a two-year post-doctoral fellow in Image processing of high-dimensional brain imaging data.
Medical imaging modalities such as Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) often produce complex image data in vector or tensor format, e.g. diffusion MRI or functional MRI. For the computationally demanding post-processing of such data, we use modern machine learning techniques like convolutional neural networks, graph convolutional networks and reinforcement learning. This project will deal with developing, adapting and applying such techniques to imaging data from patients with neurodegenerative diseases, available to us thanks to our close cooperation with Karolinska Institute.
dBRAIN is an interdisciplinary initiative at KTH to better understand neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s disease. We combine brain imaging, machine learning, topological data analysis and computational modelling of biological neuronal networks at multiple scales to identify causal links among disease biomarkers and disease symptoms. This understanding should improve diagnosis, prediction of the disease progression and suggest better therapies.
The position is financed by Digital Futures<https://www.digitalfutures.kth.se/>
What we offer
* A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
* Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
* Stimulating cross-disciplinary collaboration within the dBRAIN team, including technical as well as medical expertise
* Works in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
* Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH<https://www.kth.se/en/om/work-at-kth/relocation>
Read more about what it is like to work at KTH<https://www.kth.se/om/work-at-kth/kth-your-future-workplace-1.49050>
* A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline (With some exceptions for special reasons such as periods of sick or parental leave, kindly indicate if such reason exists in your resume).
* The candidate must have a strong background in at least one of the following areas: neuroimaging including connectomics, medical image processing, machine learning or a similar subject.
* Proficiency in English orally and in writing is required to present and publish research results.
We prefer a candidate with:
* Strong research qualifications
* Good programming skills, in particular with libraries used for deep learning
* Collaborative abilities
* Experience of working in a cross-disciplinary setting
* Teaching abilities
* Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. See the instructions at the official ad:
Postdoc in Image processing of high-dimensional brain imaging data<https://www.kth.se/en/om/work-at-kth/lediga-jobb/what:job/jobID:389800/where:4/>
At KTH you will have the opportunity of bringing life to your ideas and, at the same time, contributing to tomorrow's society. Whatever position you have, you can take a lot of personal responsibility in a workplace that has a strong sense of fellowship.
You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad:
The application must include:
* CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
* Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish, if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
* Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Max two pages long.
* Contact information of two reference persons. We reserve the right to contact references only for selected candidates
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
Associate Professor, PhD, Docent
KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Department of Biomedical Engineering and Health Systems
SE-141 57 Huddinge, Stockholm, Sweden
Phone: +46 8790 9787
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist